U2 has arrived in South Bend!!(Rehearsels have started)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fielder31

The Fly
******.net has an article about the arrival of the band on Monday. They started rehearsels yesterday afternoon. It seems that there may be a few surprises in the setlist. What are some of your predictions on songs that might make the setlist besides Peace On Earth(that is a given)..

Dangummit, I wanna gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

*Bonochick cries in corner*

frown.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

Dammit I want to be there now!!!!!! I'm leaving really f-ing early tomorrow then!!! Arhhhhhh!!!!!

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

When I typed the original post, I didn't try to keep it a secret. I typed in the full address but the *****.net is how it appeared on the screen. The website is U2 spelled out, ******.....

MAN I feel so JIPPED!! Im in college too and u2 doesnt come to MY school to rehearse!!!!
frown.gif
and i wish they did beause the freakin UF O-Dome is hte easiest thing to sneak around in. I've been backstage like 3 times and snuck into matchbox20 soundcheck in the 8th row before in that place!!!! Them damn Notre Dame spoiled brats!!
frown.gif
I lived in Indy and almost went to school there too
frown.gif
dammit. Okay pizle

Here's the article from www.U2.com and it looks like we might hear I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For:

U2 In Notre Dame, Ahead of Show

U2 arrived in Notre Dame, Indiana today, Monday, two days ahead of the opening night of the final leg of Elevation 2001.

Immediately, the band, who have been on a month-long break since the acclaimed Slane Castle shows in Ireland, were up on stage and rehearsing material for Wednesdays show, which will be web-cast worldwide from 8.45pm US (EST).

The inside word is that there are likely to be songs included in the set list which have not yet made an appearance on Elevation 2001.

Such is the intimacy of the venue at Notre Dame that when Bono and Edge perform at the tip of the heart-shaped runway - which stretches out from the main stage - they are only five steps away from the sounddesk and tiered seating which rises to the rear of the venue.

'It's incredible, said Kate Camosy, 20, an English and Film student at the college. 'When we heard they were going to play here we thought it was an insane rumour but then we figured that we are the home of the 'fighting Irish' so maybe....'

Kate, with friends Julie Tatman, 21 and Tim Collins, 21, were the first fans to line up outside the venue to catch a glimpse of the band. Tim, a history student, even managed to sneak inside for a while - before he was kicked out again! 'I heard them rehearsing 'Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' which is great because they haven't been playing that on this tour. I really hope it makes the show.'

Tim, like Julie, said U2's music seemed to have a heightened sense of relevance in recent weeks. 'There is so much depth to the lyrics, songs like Peace on Earth and Walk On seem to have been written for now.'

The 11,000 lucky fans who have tickets for Wednesdays show will find it both the most intimate date on the tour - and the most public. With the exception of some one-off club shows, this is the smallest venue U2 have played in North America since 1987 - and some 4,000 of the College's 8,000 students have tickets. But those at the show will be joined by a potential audience of millions on the web, and online concertgoers will have a unique opportunity: the multi-camera production for the webcast means net watchers will be able to to focus on any one member of the band during the show.

Meantime, back onstage, Bono is pleased with the the bands first rehearsals. 'We're getting a good sound here,' he tells Joe O'Herlihy, the bands veteran sound engineer. 'This is a great place, a great campus, it feels good.'

* Edge will be taking time out from rehearsals to join fans online and answer questions from around the world. We anticipate Edge will be online around 5.30pm (US EST) - so around half midnight Central European Time.

Check the special U2 webcast microsite at u2.tiscali.com

Remember, you will need Real Player to join in Wednesdays webcast.

------------------
May the U2 force be with you

Originally posted by mad1:
They're staying in my room. with the velcro walls and rubber whips......
wink.gif

I treat them like real guests.........*hides the whipping cream and stobe-lighting equipment behind back*

biggrin.gif

LMFAO!!!

Originally posted by Skywalker:
Here's the article from www.U2.com and it looks like we might hear I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For:

I can see this replacing Pride.

I don?t know if Bullet will fit in any more. After whant happened in NY I don?t think it?s appropriate to play this song right now.

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I;m really getting excited just looking at that pic! EL-E-VA-TION!!!! WHHOOOO!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

That picture is amazing, every seat in that arena is probably closer than most of the Gold Circles in other venues. I am so jealous.....

You can now buy rear view seats from ticketmaster.com for this show.
smile.gif

I am so freaking excited! And I don't even know if I'm going or not! Wooo-yeah!

Back
Top Bottom