U2 has arrived in South Bend!!(Rehearsels have started)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by EPandAmerica:
**faints** what a small venue!

That's what I was thinking!!!! Wow!!!!!!

I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not even that far from me either!
frown.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

Is U2 really staying in Chicago right now??? If they are, then I'm definitely going to try meeting them today

Holy shit!!!! The place looks so tiny!!!
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
The goal is SOUL

I am so jealous.

Every SINGLE seat is going to be amazing at that show.

Bono will be singin directly to Willie Williams, Joe O'H etc. He is actually goin gto be spitting on them he is so close. This will definately be a record for shortest distance from any band to their sound board.

Did I say I was jealous?

This is virtually a concert in the round!

Did I say I was jealous yet?

To all those going tomorrow night - CONSIDER YOURSELVES LUCKY! The worst seat in that arena will be better than many great seats in other arenas.

Wow.

------------------
"...I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill..."

NYC RIP

Wow! The Joyce Center is even smaller than I remember! I knew the stage would extend further out than most venues because of the small size but I had no idea it would almost be at the other end of the arena!! My $85 are about as good as GC's for most arenas. I will literally be about 40 feet from the stage! I cant wait!

Oh on where they are staying. They are probebly in Chicago. If they are playing anywhere near Chicago that is usually their hub.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I was attending Notre Dame for two U2 tours (Zoo TV and POPMart). Did they come to ND then? NO!
mad.gif

Aww, Dr. who I thought you were going to this show.
frown.gif

And OMFG, that arena does look incredible.

**lusts to be there**

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Wow! The Joyce Center is even smaller than I remember! I knew the stage would extend further out than most venues because of the small size but I had no idea it would almost be at the other end of the arena!! My $85 are about as good as GC's for most arenas. I will literally be about 40 feet from the stage! I cant wait!

We can't wait for you to come back and tell us about it!!!

Have an awesome time!!

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Originally posted by Like O2:
Aww, Dr. who I thought you were going to this show.
frown.gif

Yes... I did originally want to go. But then tickets became scarce and Propaganda didn't offer them. More importantly, my schedule simply didn't allow time for me to go. Still, as much as I would have loved to see U2 at ND, presenting my work at a conference in Spain and teaching a new person in my group (I now supervise 3 people - ooh!
wink.gif
) are more important. The sacrifices one has to make....

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 10-09-2001).]

WOW!! The show tomorrow night is definately going to be amazing, I'm so excited after seeing that picture, it's definately going to be the most intimate show of the whole tour, and I'd agree that there won't be a bad seat in the place.

I knew that if I didn't try to get tickets for THIS show, I'd be regretting it for a very long time, especially since U2 is practically in my back yard distance-wise. I live in NE Indiana, and South Bend is only 2 hours away, like Indy was.

Man, I am so excited about tomorrow!

U2, here I come
biggrin.gif

Oh my God!!! You guys are going to have a great time! I have a rehersal dinner tomorrow nite so I might miss the webcast. Oh well - I'll catch it thursday!

Hey Clarity - You'll have an even better view of Larry's bum than you thought!!!! Enjoy it!
biggrin.gif

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Woo-hoo! I'm right behind the stage (I'd kill for GA right now). But Larry's gorgeous bum here I come!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
The goal is SOUL

Wow, this is going to be one incredible show, no doubt about it. ISHFWILF, that is a good idea for an addition, I think. All of you interferencers have a blast, you know we're going to want to hear all about it, especially any close encounters. (And it looks like there could be many!).

ELEVATION, here comes U2 and It's a Beautiful Day...!!

I was attending Notre Dame for two U2 tours (Zoo TV and POPMart). Did they come to ND then? NO!
mad.gif

Still, I can't begrudge them now. Clearly U2 are going to ND because I was once there. I wish they would stop following me around.
wink.gif

I would have loved to have gone, but having just returned from a business trip to Spain and having a new person on my staff, I have a zillion things to do. Therefore, it simply wasn't possible to make this concert. I've already seen U2 three times this tour and hope to see them once more. So have fun ND U2 fans!
biggrin.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen-
This probably is going to be 1 of the hottest shows since the War days..
Bono and The Band are returning to the states,The World is in a near state of choas..
This is a small small venue-one of the smallest venues since the UF Tour-if I were able I would be there.

Diamondprediction-This U2 show will go down in the history books, it will be equivalent or top Bos #4-
wait and see..

My promise..

Late-
Diamond
The U2
Patriot..
shit wish I was Catholic..

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by U2One:
Is U2 really staying in Chicago right now??? If they are, then I'm definitely going to try meeting them today

I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure yet. Just speculating.

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Could this mean Peace on Earth? Read this report from @u2:

Matt F., a U2 fan at the Univ. of Notre Dame, shared the following report on
today's rehearsals on another mailing list:

--------
Sound check was interesting tonight -- they're really working on Peace
on Earth, having played it in parts for a good half hour. Other
identifiable songs were New Year's Day, Elevation, Stuck in a Moment.
They'd been playing for 10 hours today, according to Bono's security
(John), and are "working something new into the set based on the events
of September 11."
--------

Thanks to Matt for the report!

Matt

Wow
eek.gif

That venue is so small and my arms so long that if I reached out i'd poke one of U2 in the eye and grab Larry's arse with the other lmao
biggrin.gif

I can't wait till tonight i'll be glued to my computer watching the show yaaaaaay Shite time went by quite fast...in less than a month i'll be in Austin (I pray that the erwin center is that small too)
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

I'll be thinking of all of the Notre Damers while I am at work and class until 10:00 tonight...*sigh*

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight...

Back
Top Bottom