U2 Half time rose bowl..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishDawg

Refugee
They mentioned them performing at half time then showed a 20 second clip of New Years Day from the chicago DVD. Anyone know what the heck that was about? :huh:

thats great because it actually is new years day!!

u2 never passes up an opportunity to promote themselves :up:

anybody remember the aboy video premiering during the last rosebowl, with football clips spliced into it? :drool:

pepokiss said:
damn, I missed it :grumpy:

at least in TNT here they're showing the Vertigo DVD :wink:

I watched it :drool: It's a cut version of the DVD :

COBL
Vertigo
Electric Co
NYD
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Bullet
Running
Streets
One
M Ways
OoTS
Yahweh

NEW @U2 U2 AND ESPN: TOGETHER AGAIN
December 29, 2006
posted by: m2
U2's relationship with ESPN will continue on "New Year's Day" when ESPN uses a live video version (from the Chicago DVD) of the song as the backdrop for a highlight clip at halftime of the Rose Bowl college football game. (Thx V)

I cut the aboy video here at ESPN...the one ABC aired was really rushed and lame. At least I had about a day to cut the final ABOY video.

no, you misunderstand me. they should have tried to do a little better visually then just stretch the HD video and use HD shots of the teams over the season.....one can not get a lot of good video from a 3-3 game. I like that they used New Years day...I am commenting about the finished product that aired at halftime, not the song choice or the band.

Swan269 said:
no, you misunderstand me. they should have tried to do a little better visually then just stretch the HD video and use HD shots of the teams over the season.....one can not get a lot of good video from a 3-3 game. I like that they used New Years day...I am commenting about the finished product that aired at halftime, not the song choice or the band.

no worries, not you

pepokiss said:
damn, I missed it :grumpy:

at least in TNT here they're showing the Vertigo DVD :wink:

I think it´s my destiny not to see that show from beggining to end :grumpy: I just can´t catch it :sad:

El jueves lo pasan otra vez y están haciendo un concurso para ganarse un I pod :hyper: estoy de 227:grumpy:

because appreciating the music but groaning at some of the cheesy ways they try to promote themselves means you definitely cant be a fan :happy:

If the only positive posts I wrote were in Put 'Em Under Pressure, I'd probably move on to a sports forum. :shrug: Not sure what I'd be holding my breath for.

Chizip said:
because appreciating the music but groaning at some of the cheesy ways they try to promote themselves means you definitely cant be a fan :happy:

I tried to stick to the original video that was shown to me and worked with when we built ABOY. There were certain rules; like Bono had to be on the video everytime he sang, but I remember U2 gave us the song for free at the time.

Utoo said:
If the only positive posts I wrote were in Put 'Em Under Pressure, I'd probably move on to a sports forum. :shrug: Not sure what I'd be holding my breath for.

youre just mad i made ya look like a fool with the wits video. but dont worry about it, thats all in the past now.

When you cry wolf just about daily, you've got to be right at least once.

Chizip said:
groaning at some of the cheesy ways they try to promote themselves means you definitely cant be a fan :happy:

Wasn't ESPN that wanted the video ? :eyebrow: I Mean The dvd's made a year and all , personally I don't think u2 could care less that Chicago's NYD was goin to be shown

Back
Top Bottom