U2 Grammy Noms 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popmartijn said:
And what's wrong with that (or with Back In Black)?
hahah ok, ok i guess i overreacted. all her personal stuff aside (too much to keep track of anyway.), i didn't find the album terribly impressive, so it's just wierd to see her with 6 nominations. i guess they really are running out of other people to nominate?

Sorry but the Winehouse love has now gone too far, there was a lot of great and creative new music put out this year and all that gets talked up is her painful attempt at lyrics and awful vocals. Even strong mainstream artists were ignored in the top categories (Springsteen and McCartney).

The McCartney/Springsteen albums both sucked though.......except "Radio Nowhere" which oddly might be the best song I've heard all year, mainstream or otherwise.

U2democrat said:
Am I the only person who wishes I were deaf each time Maroon 5 comes on? Everyone I know loves them and I find them excruciating.

I got you beat. I was at HMV and kept hearing the Spice Girls; awful, awful music. Same with Shania Twain; I heard her all over Europe and her songs suck!

Springsteen's "Magic" is a great album, it grows on me with every listen. Tracks like the title track, "Long Walk Home", "Livin' in the Future", all better than most of the music hyped this year.

powerhour24 said:
Springsteen's "Magic" is a great album, it grows on me with every listen. Tracks like the title track, "Long Walk Home", "Livin' in the Future", all better than most of the music hyped this year.

:up:

This is the best Springsteen album since The River.

the title track took a few listens to really LOVE. now i bask in it's glory everytime it comes on in the car <3<33
overall, it's stellarrrrrr

I think U2 should shun the grammys this year, don't even show up. honestly, i mean...don't they find it slightly embarrassing to be nominated for something at every award show every year, whether its the grammys or the golden globes...i'd personally feel like a teacher's pet if I was Bono. But that's what makes him Bono. He's got "nooo shaaaaaame".

WITS, not the worst song they ever recorded, but is it possible for them to release something and not have it be up for a Grammy? At this point, to win a Grammy is insulting. It's saying you're better than Maroon 5. Haha, SUCCESS! WE HAVE OVERCOME!

I don't know. IMO people may dismiss them more because of all their wins. I hadn't considered that til just barely. However you can't compare WITS and Instant Karma to older U2 songs that weren't even nominated. Different years mean different climates and pressures. Of course Pride is better than WITS but times were different then.

Back
Top Bottom