U2 Go Home Is Awesome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just can't quit watching. I actually went 4 days without watching it and I broke tonight. At the beginning of Untill the end of the world, Bono electricfied.. I feel the same way Bono is moving, everytime I put this on. It's just so good and the sense of fun is contagious.
:love: I love this band :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

melon said:
I bought the "Digipak" version; having a Jewel CD case containing a DVD really wouldn't have fit well amongst my other DVDs side-by-side.

Content-wise, you really can't complain. The highlight, for me, is the DVD release of the "Unforgettable Fire" documentary. Quite a nice bonus! In terms of technical quality, it is very mediocre, if you watch it on a computer monitor / progressive scan HDTV. They over-compressed everything. Maybe you could excuse the video portion, if they never intended to shoot it for general release, but the menus? Artifacts everywhere. Overall, it is a DVD release that only true fans could love...and judging by the reviews in here, it's quite true. :)

Melon

Not true!

Every single person that I've shown this DVD to, fan or not has been blown away on many levels...

By the sheer ecstatic reaction that the crowd gives off...

By the Quality of Bono's voice...

By the Intensity and passion on show, not only from the band but from the entire crowd...

I generally don't get many comments about "compression" or "artifacts"...

To say this is a DVD that only true fans could love does a serious disservice to a piece of work that has the power to simply MOVE people, whether to tears, or to dance and sing along... People don't care that the quality is maybe ever so slightly lower than the last release, they only care about the actual concert that is on show...

And I can safely say that Slane II was one of U2's best ever shows, one hell of a compliment for a band that gives it's all to every place that it visits...

Ps, i know you were only complaining on a technical level Melon!! But to say that only true fans could love the DVD was a bit ovwr the top!!

MrBTH said:

Not true!

Every single person that I've shown this DVD to, fan or not has been blown away on many levels...

Me, too. I've shown it to 4 people who don't consider themselves U2 fans and they all were moved to tears and told me it was even better than I had said it would be.

joyfulgirl said:

Me, too. I've shown it to 4 people who don't consider themselves U2 fans and they all were moved to tears and told me it was even better than I had said it would be.

i wish my friends could do that...they cant bare to sit and watch u2 for 20 seconds

i'm not sure if anyones posted this already....

but have you noticed the fottage from the first slane show....just watch streets...bono is super quick after he does his little dance then puts his mic back on the stand

I got it just recently. Good stuff, great atmosphere, although I still somewhat prefer the Boston DVD as a representation of the Elevation Tour. The highlight for me is the absolutely beautiful All I Want Is You. I've heard a few concert versions of it before and never thought the song worked that well live... but wow, this one was just awesome.

bono_man2002 said:
i'm not sure if anyones posted this already....

but have you noticed the fottage from the first slane show....just watch streets...bono is super quick after he does his little dance then puts his mic back on the stand

Actually, it looks like all the shots from behind Larry's kit, at least on this song, are from the first show. Bono jumps from singing in front of and to the side of the stand with his mic in his hand, to singing directly behind the stand with the mic attached and pointed downward. This is most evident on the 2nd "Still building then burning down love" where the perpective changes in mid-word. Bono is singing while walking back towards Larry, then suddenly he's back behind the mic stand. Pretty sneaky editing. There must not have been a camera behind Larry at Slane 2 to capture those great crowd shots, so they used footage from Slane 1.

Last edited:
they could have done someting extra special...

released slane 1 AND 2 in the same pack :)
now that would be great!

also on another editing note...

some of "until the end of the world" has a little extra light , because slane I started earler than slane II i think :)

still it takes nothing away for how great this dvd is

I finally got it for Christmas! Yay! I've only watched it all the way through once, but I plan on giving it LOTS of my time in the next few days. :D The whole concert is great, but my favorite parts are:

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday... wow. I might come to like this version even more then the Rattle and Hum version. The "no more" speech is awesome, it makes me feel like I'm Irish, I'm right there with Bono.

2. The little speeches by Bono during Out of Control, they are adorable

3. The antics between Bono and Larry during Angel of Harlem

4. Mysterious Ways, awww Eve :)

5. All I Want is You, it was a refreshing replacement for Bad

Is it just me, or is the Unforgettable Fire documentary really just the "Pride" documentary? It seemed like it only focused on that song alone..

I kind of remember renting the Unforgettable Fire documentary on VHS way back in the early 90's and I could have swore it was longer and I also could have swore there were videos for A Sort of Homecoming, Bad and several videos for Pride..

Anyway. That's the only gripe I have. Otherwise the Slane dvd is FREAKING awesome.

This DVD renewed my faith in the band U2...now I can gloat once again that they are my favorite band in the entire world.

This has never happened to me before....but Kite made me cry.

i love the dvd too. brings back great memories. and i can see myself up the front row! they're my bubbles you see floating across the stage every now and then! haha... i'm famous!!

Back
Top Bottom