U2 Go Home Easter Eggs? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 PM
U2 Go Home Easter Eggs?

I gave in and bought this one as well so I'm all caught up in DVD terms. Just curious as to whether there are any easter eggs on this DVD like the ones on Elevation.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Sadly I am yet to hear of one. Still a great DVD.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:13 PM
I haven't heard of one. Someone once called the "bonus" Mysterious Ways an easter egg, but it's not really--it just comes up at the end.

That really is a great DVD. Find a friend with a nice big tv---awesome!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
New Yorker

from @u2.com

Slane video easter egg alert!...There are none.

That's the word straight from producer Ned O'Hanlon, who kindly responded to an email question this week. "No easter eggs," he wrote. "No space due to the many different audio formats." Now you know.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #5
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 07:13 AM
I've never seen the MW performance. I do have a pirate DVD copy though from Indonesia, though it is a full DVD rip.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:19 AM   #6
Vocal parasite

Last I checked, you could get to the MW performance via the menu.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-23-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Re: U2 Go Home Easter Eggs?

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
I gave in and bought this one as well so I'm all caught up in DVD terms. Just curious as to whether there are any easter eggs on this DVD like the ones on Elevation.

what easter eggs on elevation?

sorry if i've missed something about this earlier
Old 08-23-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 PM
There are two on the Elevation DVD:

from www.u2faqs.com

Quote:
Disc 1

Easter egg: the performance of the song "Elevation" as seen entirely from Bono-cam

How to access the easter egg:

1. At the end of the "Making of" documentary when the Dreamchaser logo appears, you'll see a small image of Bono's face as "The Fly". Quickly click on that image. When you get to the screen with the flashing boxes, type 1, 9, 7, 6 and you should be taken to the easter egg. On some DVDs, you'll need to hit ENTER after each number.
2. Alternatively, there's a cheat if the above doesn't work. As the DVD begins to play, hit STOP. Then on your remote, select DISPLAY or TITLE or whatever command allows you to skip directly to a certain track. You want track (title) 3. On some DVD players, once you hit STOP, you can go directly to the easter egg just by touching the "3" on your remote.
Disc 2

Easter egg: the performance of "Until the End of the World" as seen entirely from Bono-cam

How to access the easter egg:

1. From the main menu, access the Help screen by clicking on the question mark. When you're at the Help screen, type 1, 9, 9, 1 and you might be taken to the easter egg. On some DVD players, you may need to hit ENTER after each number. This seems to be the more difficult of the two easter eggs to access, as many fans report this method doesn't work.
2. Alternatively, there's a cheat. Actually, there are several: a) go to the Additional Tracks screen and immediately press 7 on your remote - the easter egg may begin; b) if that doesn't work, press ENTER after you type the number 7; c) if that doesn't work, you may need to hit some combination of PLAY and/or MENU on your remote.
Thanks for all the info on Slane folks. I read elsewhere that there were no Easter eggs.. just wanted to make sure I love it by the way.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero
I've never seen the MW performance. I do have a pirate DVD copy though from Indonesia, though it is a full DVD rip.
When I put my DVD into my player, it goes right into the concert. When the show's done, a menu comes up that gives you the option of playing the concert, playing the documentary, or playing MW.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #10
War Child

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

When I put my DVD into my player, it goes right into the concert. When the show's done, a menu comes up that gives you the option of playing the concert, playing the documentary, or playing MW.
Or you could just hit 'menu' during any point in the show and it would take you to that main menu.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Theedge070

Or you could just hit 'menu' during any point in the show and it would take you to that main menu.
Ah, well, you know.....that's the easy way.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:55 PM   #12
45:33

When I put the DVD in, if I'm not hooked already, I just press menu and it comes Mysterious Ways comes up in the menu next to the making of Pride in the name of love.