U2 Friendship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~*Buffalo*~

War Child
I just want to comment on how great it is that the members of U2 have been such good friends for such a long time! :applaud:

I was watching their concert from Slane Castle in 2000, and I was struck by this joyous smile that Bono gave to Larry, which he duly returned. It was like they had their own private in-joke ... it just melted my heart!

:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam: = such a good example to everyone! If only everyone could have friendships as strong as theirs.

Their friendship is part of my fascination with them, too. It's the relationship you want to think every band has- they're good friends, neighbors, etc.

One of the oldest marketing tricks is to smile when on camera. Just like those dancers in a Disney parade, they sure are all smiling, but I bet you not all of them live happy lives. Just because Bono smiles or even winks at another band member doesn't mean it's all good. I watched a Popmart show where Bono gave Edge a kiss on the lips during Streets. Does that mean he's gay? Does smiling imply a long-lasting friendship?

Ok, it's good to say they are friends because that is probably true. But smiling to each other is hardly an indication people are friends. That is my point.

Cheers,

J

They are good friends. At the 2002 Grammys Bono made an emotional speech about lifelong friendship and how 4 teenage boys had gotten so far because of it.

While I do believe they are friends, it certainly seems that Bono and Edge are very close whereas Larry and Adam are more distant, still friends, just not hang around buddy buddy types. That would be Guggi and Gavin for Bono, they were friends ever since childhood, before he even met the other band members in high school.

Yes it's probably certain Bono and Edge are really good friends - they are neighbours in Dublin (I think), they went on vacation together in France a few days ago, and you can often see them at various press things.
Larry and Adam are probably not as tight but still I think they - all 4 of them - hang out together from time to time.

Leeloo said:
While I do believe they are friends, it certainly seems that Bono and Edge are very close whereas Larry and Adam are more distant, still friends, just not hang around buddy buddy types.

When you have any group of friends, you frequently have smaller subgroups within the bigger group. It's just one of those things, part of human nature. Bono and Edge do seem especially close to each other, and Adam and Larry are pretty close, too. Two subgroups within the greater group.

Their friendship is one of the things that I have long been intrigued with and admired. There has to be some kind of bond between all of them...some closer than others maybe but if it wasnt there and they didnt value each other not only as members of the group but as individuals I doubt they would have lasted as long as they have together.

U2girl said:
Yes it's probably certain Bono and Edge are really good friends - they are neighbours in Dublin (I think), they went on vacation together in France a few days ago, and you can often see them at various press things.
Larry and Adam are probably not as tight but still I think they - all 4 of them - hang out together from time to time.

Bono and Edge also seem a lot more "touchy-feely" than either Adam or Larry. But then different people can be much more reserved in their displays of friendship and affection than others, which doesn't mean that they're not great friends.

Back
Top Bottom