U2-friendly radio stations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dustybot

The Fly
I live in Southeastern Virginia, and 94.9 probably plays the most U2. They play Stuck nonstop, Beautiful Day, One, With or Without You, and Streets all the time. 93.7 plays Walk On a lot and even the acoustic Stuck (!) a good amount. Stangely enough, the nu metal station, 96 X, plays Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday all the time. So I have a strong dose of U2 on the radio around here!

In Dallas we used to have Merge 93.3. They played Bad, In God's Country, SBS pretty regularly. They broadcast the Irving Plaza Concert and the Boston Concert. They even played ATYCLB straight through when it came out, and at the end of the year when its listeners voted it the best album. They even had a morning DJ who was a board certified U2 fanatic and Bono stalker.

And they are NO MORE! Waahh. Format change two weeks ago to Classic Rock. It really really sucks. I really really miss this station. I have no idea what to listen to anymore.

San Jose/San Fran

Channel 104.9

They play all kinds of stuff

With or Without you
Mysterious Ways
Stuck
Beautiful Day
Kite
In a Little While

and many many more!

* sounds like I'm advertising

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

there aren't really any U2 friendly stations in pittsburgh. actually, pittsburgh radio suck in general. i guess the closest would be 102.5 WDVE, they play classic rock. but usually not U2.

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Everyday can be a beautiful day. Don't let it get away.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

We have a few in Boston:

WBCN, 104.1...when they aren't yapping away (they carry Howard Stern, Opie and Anthony, and they broadcast all Patriots games) they play a wide range of U2 stuff (heard Lemon on there just a few weeks ago). They are a rock/alternative station.

WZLX, 100.7 plays alot of U2 right through the Rattle and Hum era. They are a classic rock station. Carter Allen works there. (He wrote a book about U2 and I think he's on the Boston DVD introducing the band).

WBOS, 92.9 plays a wide range of U2. They'll pull out something you may not have heard in a while and put it out there. I don't know what genre they are.

WBMX, 98.5 will play U2 when they have a new single out or when they are coming to town. They are more of a pop/top 40 station.

That's the U2 low-down in my town!

There is a college station in my area (Northwest Iowa) that plays a LOT of U2 songs that most people wouldn't know. I've heard them play Discoteque, Zoo Station, Two Hearts Beat as One, Unforgettable Fire, Stories for Boys, Peace on Earth (before 9/11) and of course all of the bigger singles. Rarely do I listen to that station and not catch a U2 song!
biggrin.gif

But then again, I suppose with a name like KBVU 97.5 "The Edge", they are obligated to play a lot of U2.
wink.gif

The radio stations around here aren't that great about playing U2's newer stuff. The classic rock station plays good stuff though like "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "New Year's Day", "Bullet the Blue Sky", and "In God's Country", etc.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

In Los Angeles there is the old standby KROQ (Bono even thanked them onstage last November for being one of the first US stations to play U2)
Star 98.7 plays a LOT of U2 throughout the day
biggrin.gif

I've also heard some of the 80's stuff on the classic rock station Arrow 93

------------------
"Coke does not add life. It might be a nice fizzy drink but it does not add life." - Bono
"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." -Larry
?This is when the band became Depeche Mode!? ? Steve Lillywhite plays some tracks that didn?t make it to the final cut of WTSHNN.

Hmm, 101.9 WTMX the Mix in Chicago plays a lot, so does 94.7 the Zone (I saw the Zone at a U2 concert, so I think they'd play it a lot.)

seeing as how my UserName has its roots in a local radio station...I wanted to pose this question (and I'm sure this has been discussed, but formats change daily):

What is the U2-Friendly Radio station in your area?

In Minneapolis-Saint Paul, we have Cities 97 that plays U2 just about every two and seems to have U2 in their news segment weekly.

A new format was announced today (alternative) called Drive 105 (which was Rev 105, then Zone 105 <zonelistener>, then a 70's station - V105...and today Drive 105). Drive 105 is billing itself with U2!

We also have four or five other stations that occasionally play U2.

I love my Cities 97!

And they seem to love me too...as they play plenty of U2.
biggrin.gif

Rarely does a day go by when I don't hear IALW on that station.

-sula

Hmmmm. In Toronto we have 104.5 CHUM FM which plays a bit. And the MIX 99.9 plays them as well. Mostly WOWY during the 'off' season but lately I've heard Stuck, BD, One, Kite, Walk On...

In Western Massachusetts.... it seems like a rare occasion when the stattions play U2 but they play them a lot more than I realized

96.5 WTIC More adult top 40, so they play One, Stuck, Beautiful Day, but that?s about it

100.9 WRNX they play a lot of U2, but especially Sweetest thing and In God?s Country, which I?ve never heard anywhere else

102.1 WAQY Classic rock, so usually SBS, New Year?s Day, Pride, and Joshua Tree

104.1 WMRQ (Dee Snider Radio haha) Modern rock, so usually more Achtung Baby like WGRYWH or One, Beautiful Day, and they did play Elevation and Walk On

But in traveling along the East Coast, I think the Boston area is the best for U2 music, and maybe Richmond, Va. in second.
wink.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
A honey child to a swarm of bees...

Take me to that other place...

Originally posted by Zooman91:
Hmm, 101.9 WTMX the Mix in Chicago plays a lot, so does 94.7 the Zone (I saw the Zone at a U2 concert, so I think they'd play it a lot.)

Yeah, 101.9 tends to play newer stuff. 93.1 WXRT plays a lot of U2- new and old.

Back
Top Bottom