U2 freaking rocked on the BBC live last year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
what passionate incredible rocking performances to kick off the album with

first ones *I* heard of the new album

God they're awesome

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

*&* U2 TAKE ME HIGHER *&*

no, it was BBC Live, 2000 last year.. I know they're on the internet somewhere, I can put them up if my Ftp is agreeable...... it was if not the first, one of the first, times they played any of the atyclb songs. they did BD, Elevation, Stuck, She's a Mystery and I think also IWF. it's incredible!!!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
no, it was BBC Live, 2000 last year.. I know they're on the internet somewhere, I can put them up if my Ftp is agreeable...... it was if not the first, one of the first, times they played any of the atyclb songs. they did BD, Elevation, Stuck, She's a Mystery and I think also IWF. it's incredible!!!

Sounds great. I've never heard them perform Mystery. Don't worry about FTP (least not on my account - my computer is useless in this regard).

I agree olive, that is a great performance, it was on October 23th 2000. I didn?t go to work that morning only to hear their presentation thru the web. I love the videos as well, an static camera, it?s like you?re watching a rehearsal. Makes me feel like a fly on the wall
wink.gif
Do you have them?

Kieran, some of the mp3s can be found in in this french site: http://www.u2achtung.com/
Click on Media, then Audio, there are BD, Elevation and Mystery Girl, too bad they don?t have Stuck, one of the best versions IMO. And New York just rocks. They didn?t play I Will Follow though.

smile.gif

yep, aside from Man Ray..it was the first accurate glimpse at what the songs would sound like live..and I do remember having the radio on all morning to catch a glimpse of New York especially and Stuck In A Moment which still is the definative live version for me..Bono's opening wail seems to go on and on..likewise New York with the solo work by Edge at the end was pretty new back then and a welcome suprise...a must download..

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
yep, aside from Man Ray..it was the first accurate glimpse at what the songs would sound like live..and I do remember having the radio on all morning to catch a glimpse of New York especially and Stuck In A Moment which still is the definative live version for me..Bono's opening wail seems to go on and on..likewise New York with the solo work by Edge at the end was pretty new back then and a welcome suprise...a must download..

Here, I posted the Stuck version:
http://www.u2takemehigher.com/music/songs.html
You're right - it is amazing. First time I ever heard Stuck and it blew my mind!!!

does anyone know where I could find those video stills?
smile.gif

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

btw, jo whiley is the bbc presenter who hosted on air the last half of their gig.

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
does anyone know where I could find those video stills?

I got them from U2log ages ago, I don't think they are still avaiable. They are very simple, the quality are not that good, but I like them a lot, it's like the band was not aware of the filming, like a rehearsal indeed. I have all 5 videos and I can try to send them to you thru e-mail or AIM. Feel free to contact me, if you want to.
e-mail: grace@u2cover.com
AIM screen name: followerU2
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 12-28-2001).]

Originally posted by follower:
olive,

I got something for you:
http://www.threesunrises.com/video.htm

Scroll down a little, they have all 5 videos from BBC radio 1.
Enjoy, let me know what did you think, okay?
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 12-28-2001).]

Follower, thanks so much!! I was meaning to IM you but got a little busy yesterday! I'm going to look at them now- can't wait!
Thank you,
Olive
smile.gif

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

WOWWOWOWW!!!

thanks SO much! it's awesome!

Elevation Larry totally rocks out! and you're right- they are not playing to the cameras or anything, it's like we're spying lol! So cool to see them play these songs for one of the first times for people!

And She's a Mystery where Bono can't really reach those high notes and he smiles! aww!! ahh!

the servers too busy now lol so i'll get the rest later! Thanks Follower!!!

------------------
"You shout and shout
You're inside out
'til you don't know."

olive,

I was out of town the whole weekend, just saw your reply. It?s great that you liked the videos, it?s amazing how come such simple footage can bring us so good moments, isn?t it?
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom