U2 flashbacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
I did a search on Kazaa and I got a couple of files titled "U2 flashbacks", performed by a band called Kane.

They are actually quite good and are playing some u2 saongs I?ve never heard U2 perform live (like Acrobat).

Now, who knows what this U2 flashback thing is all about. Is Kane a U2 cover band?

hi, Maddie :hug: how are you, girl?

btw - I did a search on the internet and I found something about this on a dutch u2 fanpage. Now I only need to learn dutch... :D

apparently they did several gigs playing u2 songs. Get them on Kazaa, they are good.

Hello,

Kane is indeed a Dutch band, although they are not a cover band. Until last year tobacco company Marlborro sponsored small cover tours by Dutch bands. The idea was that these bands would give a small concert highlighting a single artist/band who had a big influence on them. These were really small concerts in rock bars or clubs (as the tours ended in Paradiso) and only 6 or 7 dates were played during such a 'tour'. It was an unique chance to see those bands in small places, covering great music of the past (to give you an example, Kane is performing in 2 weeks time twice in the 10,000 capacity Ahoy for 2 soldout shows, while Paradiso can hold appr. 1000 persons and the bar where I saw them in Utrecht maybe only 200 people).
Anyway, Kane did this tour in September 2000, playing for a little more than an hour. Now, some Dutchmen may not like Kane (saying they are too U2-carbon-copy or too commercial or whatever), but I thought the tour was great. They did perform some rarely played songs, especially nowadays. I mean, U2 have never officially performed Acrobat, haven't played The Unforgettable Fire since the Lovetown Tour and The Electric Co. since 1987! So it was great.

Of this series of concerts Kane released a CD/DVD (one side of the disc is a regular CD, the other one a DVD) and apparently, the audio tracks have been ripped and put on Kazaa. You can find more information about them, should you want to, on their website: http://www.kane.nl
I think it's kinda difficult to navigate (with Mozilla) and you have to look to find the English translation (lower left corner), but here you may find more info (haven't really checked out the site).

HTH,

Marty

Back
Top Bottom