U2 Feedback in danger! EVERYONE MUST READ! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2001, 02:50 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:00 AM
I just donated!!!!!

The Red Cross is a wonderful cause and they already have over 11 million raised.

Old 09-16-2001, 02:54 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rono:
We need money, sorry.

LOL dont worry my life savings does indeed consist of money and not smilies.

------------------
Click here to save Interference

Sicy's Website

Old 09-16-2001, 04:02 PM   #63
War Child

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis:
Working for a dotcom was fun... while it lasted

Hah! Aint that the truth! I am still seeking employment and its been 5 weeks now...

Good luck Joel, I will make a small contribution when I make my PayPal Acct or figure out how to use it. You and I have talked about this in the past and am just wondering if you are still exploring some of the Plan B & C options.

Also, I like the idea of Subscription Feedback. Have you explored the probability of this? The reality is, very little of quality is still free on the Internet. Even Geocities is charging for traffic now, if you can believe that. If you have at least 300 members and charged $2 a month or something, I think you could do it. I think the idea could work.

Yeah I am still lucky to have access via FTP to the servers that host U2LA.com, I dont know how much longer that will last and I just got DSL, so its time for one last concert.

Skeek, this week we'll do Slane!

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: U2LA2000@hotmail.com

AOL Instant Message: nohocamilo

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

http://www.U2LA.com
Old 09-16-2001, 05:00 PM   #64
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2LA:
You and I have talked about this in the past and am just wondering if you are still exploring some of the Plan B & C options.

Also, I like the idea of Subscription Feedback. Have you explored the probability of this? The reality is, very little of quality is still free on the Internet. Even Geocities is charging for traffic now, if you can believe that. If you have at least 300 members and charged $2 a month or something, I think you could do it. I think the idea could work.

Yep.. I'm exploring other options as I've mentioned, but I need to be sure before any change is made. Moving everything isnt an easy task.. if we have to do it.. I'd like to do it only once.

As far as Feedback subscriptions, I'd like to hear others views/ideas on this. I'm not opposed to it, although I'd prefer to keep the site as free as possible.

There are currently over 5000 registered mebers of Feedback and approximately 25,000-40,000 people who read atleast one thread each month.

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com
Old 09-16-2001, 05:31 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
sorry, I won't be giving you any of my money elvis
Wanderer, chances are you have more than enough in extra funds to donate to both causes. Imagine that one take out meal that you do NOT buy this week, but instead you eat at home. There is your donation. Instead of spending $15 on a pizza, have macaroni and cheese for lunch/dinner. There's your donation.

While I fully agree that the victims of this tragedy need our help more, as Elvis pointed out, a mere one dollar donation from everyone on this board could save it. Tell me, can you not spare that one dollar? If so, let me know and I will gladly donate a dollar on your behalf.

I donated because this board provided me with much more than U2 news this week. It was my way to vent. It was my outlet for news. It was my venue for discussing what should be done. The U2 information alone is reason enough for my donation. But when coupled with all the other features, it seemed that I should help do whatever I could to keep this site going.

Also, I should stress that if we are able to gather more funds than what Joel needs, we can use those funds to make a donation to Red Cross in the name of Interference. In the past, WIRE used to have annual charity drives where over $5,000 (!) was gathered one year and donated to Amnesty International. I think it's time we do something similar here on Interference.

So view your donation as a contribution to the "Save Interference/Help the Red Cross" cause. Nothing but good can come of your money because of your donation. Considering people spend hundreds of dollars travelling around the world just to see U2, I would hope that a mere dollar donation to this very worthy cause would not be a problem.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 06:18 PM   #66
Refugee

Elvis,

I'd be willing to help provide bandwith, and possibly a machine.

We have several websites, and could keep it going.

I need to know what kind of traffic we're talking about though.

Mark
http://www.aeroplanner.com http://www.marineplanner.com

Old 09-16-2001, 06:22 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:00 AM
Hey Elvis...

Sorry to hear about this current predicament. Unfortunately, with the way the dot-com world is going with this economy, I kind of figured it would come to this eventually.

I am sending an e-mail to request an address so I can send a small donation via money order. I really don't trust the internet enough to let them handle it....

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!
Old 09-16-2001, 06:45 PM   #68
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:00 PM
Done! It's in the mail, and I hope it helps.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:09 PM   #69
Forum Moderator

Done, paypal.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:46 PM   #70
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 11:00 AM
I'm happy to have helped.

------------------
Make Love!
Not War
Old 09-16-2001, 07:55 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:
Wanderer, chances are you have more than enough in extra funds to donate to both causes. Imagine that one take out meal that you do NOT buy this week, but instead you eat at home. There is your donation. Instead of spending $15 on a pizza, have macaroni and cheese for lunch/dinner. There's your donation.

While I fully agree that the victims of this tragedy need our help more, as Elvis pointed out, a mere one dollar donation from everyone on this board could save it. Tell me, can you not spare that one dollar? If so, let me know and I will gladly donate a dollar on your behalf.

I donated because this board provided me with much more than U2 news this week. It was my way to vent. It was my outlet for news. It was my venue for discussing what should be done. The U2 information alone is reason enough for my donation. But when coupled with all the other features, it seemed that I should help do whatever I could to keep this site going.

Also, I should stress that if we are able to gather more funds than what Joel needs, we can use those funds to make a donation to Red Cross in the name of Interference. In the past, WIRE used to have annual charity drives where over $5,000 (!) was gathered one year and donated to Amnesty International. I think it's time we do something similar here on Interference.

So view your donation as a contribution to the "Save Interference/Help the Red Cross" cause. Nothing but good can come of your money because of your donation. Considering people spend hundreds of dollars travelling around the world just to see U2, I would hope that a mere dollar donation to this very worthy cause would not be a problem.

I give this post a triple thumbs up.

------------------
Click Here To Save Interference

Sicy's Website
Old 09-16-2001, 08:29 PM   #72
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Quote:
Originally posted by U2LA:
Hah! Aint that the truth! I am still seeking employment and its been 5 weeks now...

Good luck Joel, I will make a small contribution when I make my PayPal Acct or figure out how to use it. You and I have talked about this in the past and am just wondering if you are still exploring some of the Plan B & C options.

Yeah I am still lucky to have access via FTP to the servers that host U2LA.com, I dont know how much longer that will last and I just got DSL, so its time for one last concert.

Skeek, this week we'll do Slane!

Sorry to hear about this Elvis.
I agree with the subscription fee, I'd be willing to pay.
I'll e-mail you for a snail mail address.
Camilo, sorry to hear you're still looking for a job, good luck!
doctorwho, well said, thank you.

Old 09-16-2001, 08:44 PM   #73
War Child

I also agree with dr.who. This site has been a source of comfort in such difficult times. The people I've met here in the short amount of time have provided me with great laughter and made life a little easier and more joyful everyday. Even if we tried moving elsewhere people would get lost in the shuffle and Feedback would never be the same. I personally would find it extremely offensive and an act of betrayal if we abandon the site and all its hard work, like what has happened to Napster. For that reason I have just finished making my contribution through paypal and hope everyone will show the same support.

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 09:41 PM   #74
The Fly

Elvis, you can count on me for monthly\other support once I know a sustainable plan is in place. --JD--
Old 09-16-2001, 09:59 PM   #75
Creator of the Blue Crack

Thanks everyone! Some more donations have been coming in,,, but only a TINY fraction of the people that are even active here.

A dollar...? c'mon. hehe.

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com