U2 Feedback in danger! EVERYONE MUST READ!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Elvis:
Their is no market for banners anymore.. and I WILL NOT put pop-ups on these sites... how annoying.

I'll do whatever it takes to keep interference banner free! They are annoying and not having ads is one of the best features of this site (besides you wonderful/pain in the arse people
wink.gif
)

About subscriptions, can I make a suggestion...if you decide to go with that plan, I'd give people the first 3 months free. Cause interference is kinda like cocaine, you don't think you'll ever get hooked and next thing you know you have 1200+ posts and you're constantly thinking about when, where and how good your next fix...uh....I mean....your next post will be.
biggrin.gif

My donation is on the way
smile.gif

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up.
That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Damn Tyler, that's one hell of a plan you've put together.

Ummmm......what are you doing for the next several months? Any chance you'd like to work for the CIA? With a mind your like yours, you'd have Bin Laden running from his cave in no time
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Like O2:
Is it just me or did Tyler just disappear?
eek.gif

The CIA works fast!

Haven't you heard... I've been spotted working at CIA HQ...

signing off,

Elvis
(and you thought I worked at Burger King)

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
Oh, so it was the hand of Elvis at work.
What was wrong with it?

And then it happened again.....scary.

Tyler, were you around the few days that some of us actually implemented the first part of your plan? We all had our hands slapped and I'm guessing Elvis doesn't want us to start that whole mess again.
smile.gif

*getting out of here before Elvis takes away the rest of my privileges*

------------------

I'll donate! I read more than I post but I'll send something when I get paid!
biggrin.gif
I love this place!

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Just like to let everyone know that...

9 people have made donations.

C'mon people I know not all of you are starving students... and have been here for quite sometime!

Thanks to those 9 people so far
smile.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

well, i am a starving student without a credit card so i can't help you. sorry.
eek.gif

i still don't understand why you can't use advertisements.
confused.gif

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Originally posted by madonna's child:
i still don't understand why you can't use advertisements.
confused.gif

Because they no longer generate revenue. Their is no market for banners anymore.. and I WILL NOT put pop-ups on these sites... how annoying.

Just a thought....

If -everyone- donates even a dollar, all these problems will vanish.

I don't think that's to much to ask, is it?
smile.gif

------------------
-Elvis

Just a thought....

If -everyone- donates even a dollar, all these problems will vanish.

I don't think that's to much to ask, is it?
smile.gif

No, but i will not pay via internet.

Originally posted by Rono:
No, but i will not pay via internet.

For anyone that wants to pay via postal mail, please send an email to

saveinterference@plot180.net
with the subject: POSTAL ADDRESS

I will then reply with an address to send to!

Thanks,

------------------
-Elvis

I've also mentioned previously that there are over 5000 registered members here, and somewhere between 25,000-40,000 monthly readers(lurkers).

mmm let's do some basic maths... 5000 registered users - rougerum's multiple handles - deathbear's multiple handles = 100 active users the most

*IS stil waiting for Elvis to reimburse him for his trip to Ireland*

let me try and understand this?

'certain'people are being critisized because they rather donate their money to the diaster relief funds in the United States than to help prop up a silly message board on the internet?

Its about principle, in a time when something like this seems totally irrelevant. If those of you that give your money to elvis are happy doing so that's your perogative, but please don't look down upon others who do not because they don't see this as a 'cause' at this time.

If feedback were shut down, it would be sad yes, because there are many wonderufl people here who communicate well with each other, but lets get our priorities straight people.

For the owner of this site to call people whom he wants to support his site(and have done so for many months now), names such as "leech" is a little rich for my liking. The very same man that tricked many members of this board into believing that our beloved band members were posting here. This is the man you ask we original members of the board to support?
Nah, dont think so.

As far as I recall, donation means to volunteer one's funds. It does not mean to be guilted into handing over money just because we have been here longer than other people.

If feedback, not interference, is shut down, yes it would be a disappointment, but its happened to many other boards, and they find a way to start up again elsewhere.

i just hope the thread response for this compared to the response for the red cross thread are not an indication of where people are sending their donations. Im sure it is not.

Elvis, if you're facing unemployment, isn't your priority your bills and food etc? Forget the site if it will send you over. There are plenty of other sites that can host a forum like this.

The banner/pop up argument is a bit silly, Im sure we'd all suffer them to keep the site alive without having to subscribe or make a donation.

You did ask what ppl thought of subscription, well my answer is no. I would not be subscribing. I believe your better choice is to have pop ups.

Also consider some of the other sugestions before asking for donations when you still aren't sure of the amount required.

URGENT!!!
I am very suspicious about the claims made about interference going under.
Today a VERY similar email was sent to all members of Radiohead fan site www.greenplastic.com
asking members to donate money.
<<<PLEASE OBSERVE EMAIL BELOW>>>

Dear Visitors of greenplastic.com,

I have recently learned that the company that I used to work for and who
also paid for the server costs for greenplastic is no more. This means that
Green Plastic could be shut down at any moment during the next week because
the server bill will not be paid. I was unhappy to find this out only a
couple of days ago with such short notice. As you can imagine, I have been
working on ways to save the site from going down and unfortunately, I am not
in a position financially at this time to fund the $300/month server costs
as I make no profit off of Green Plastic.

Green Plastic has become such a great part of my life since 1997. I take
pride in the work that has been done and I enjoy interacting with my
visitors. I am fighting hard to keep it up.

I don't feel right about asking for any donations but at this point, there's
not many options. If everyone just donated a dollar, that would be enough
to secure Green Plastic and the Mortigi Tempo forum with a home.

I apologize for this news and I know that in this time of tragedy in New
York City and Washington DC, this is the most trivial of things.

So, I ask for any emails from you with suggestions or ideas about how to
keep the site up and running. I would also like to know if any of you work
for ISP/hosting companies and may be able to help.

Any excess money that may be donated will go to future improvements or
towards charities like the American Red Cross.

Again, I apologize for this... there's not much else I can do.
frown.gif

To Donate via PayPal: (you will need to sign up with the paypal service)

Click this link:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=jonathan%40greenplastic.com&item_name
=Help+Green+Plastic%21&item_number=16GP&no_shipping=1&return=http%3A//www.gr
eenplastic.com&cancel_return=http%3A//www.greenplastic.com

To Donate via Snail Mail:
Email me at jonathan@greenplastic.com and I'll give you the address.

I thank each and everyone of you for your continued support throughout the
Green Plastic history!
smile.gif

jonathan
greenplastic.com | "the bright side of insomnia"
[/QUOTE}
while I certainly don't want to undermine the continuation of interference, I don't not believe this should be ignored. Make what you will of it.

u see.. u thought this was a fan site..

truth is that they were all musicfans.com sites

the truth is comin out at last...

since there are so many radiohead fans i'm sure johnathan and joel will appreciate all your contributions - what a farce!

u might find this interesting : http://www.netcatalyst.com/press_musicfans.html

[This message has been edited by frogbat (edited 09-17-2001).]

What?!
your reply was a little wordy
Why are we being kept in the dark about this?
Something is very odd.
joel (aka elvis, friend of john) I, for one, would like a bit of an explaination, cos it don't sound real good.

Put's me in an interesting position. I would love to donate at least $20, but I don't want my wife to know that I frequent message boards (let alone made a donation to one). She doesn't care for U2 much and message boards would be considered like Chat. We know of quite a few marriages that were broken up because of Chats. ( Like Cheating ). Not that I have any intentions of it at all. If I pay by creadit card or check she will know. If I e-mail you and you can gaurantee to e-mail me the physical address between say, 8-2 EST, so I can delete the e-mail, then I can send a money order or something.......

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Elvis, if you're facing unemployment, isn't your priority your bills and food etc? Forget the site if it will send you over. There are plenty of other sites that can host a forum like this.

I'm not facing unemployment. I found a job about 3 months ago, after I had been laid off about 6.5 months ago. If you've read my replied, you'd know the high-cost of maintaining such a site on a monthly basis.

------------------
-Elvis

Originally posted by frogbat:
u see.. u thought this was a fan site..

truth is that they were all musicfans.com sites

the truth is comin out at last...

since there are so many radiohead fans i'm sure johnathan and joel will appreciate all your contributions - what a farce!

Frogbat,

Jonathan and I were both EMPLOYEES of musicfans, and had both moved to San Francisco. Our jobs were above and beyond running out fan sites - we were employess with jobs, Jon was a designer, and my role stood in both the Enigneering and Product Development Groups. Hence why we had our sites hosted by them. You seem to be able to make a lot of public accusations, but yet not know all the facts. U2LA (camilo) worked for a hosting company - and got his site hosted for free also, are you going to lynch him next?

Money generated from donations will strictly be used to keep the site and forum alive, and as I've said, if there is excess, it will be donated to a worthy cause.

------------------
-Elvis

did i lynch you did I accuse you? i insinuated perhaps
biggrin.gif
What facts didn't i get - i know both of you worked for that place etc and got your hosting for free as a consequnce - your fault for not explaining clearly to the others exactly what the musicfans.com site was about etc - public relations were never your forte

since edge posts here u could ask him for financial assistance

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
let me try and understand this?

'certain'people are being critisized because they rather donate their money to the diaster relief funds in the United States than to help prop up a silly message board on the internet?
I thought it was the other way around.

i just hope the thread response for this compared to the response for the red cross thread are not an indication of where people are sending their donations. Im sure it is not.

Have you hear of "don't let your right hand see what the left one does" when it comes to doing charity?
Donating money for Interfernce is feeding a hobby while donating money to the Red Cross is charity.
If you don't want to send money to Elvis, don't but try to put down the people who have and will.
---------------

Peace on Earth

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 09-17-2001).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom