U2 Feckin Rocked on paddys night!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Yeaaaaaaaaaah! My neck still aches but it was a feckin brilliant paddys night, once again me and my mates went to Rattle and Hum, definitely the best tribute I've ever seen, they are class!!! They played everyting spot on, as well as IN GOD'S COUNTRY!! A great version too, and Discotheque! And Walk on with the Peace On Earth intro, dunno, it was just brilliant!! If any of you guys are around Ireland and you hear of these lads performing go see em!!!! It's definitely the nearest thing to the real thing, it was a bit of a boost being on paddys day so the crowd were reaaaaally up for it, but everyone was delighted with it. Might check their website out and download some songs to see if they as good sober
biggrin.gif
if ya interested its http://rattleandhum0.tripod.com

CRZY, if you still in Dublin they coming your way soon, next week, check em out if you can! You too Desert Rose, and Zoomerang II, you guys would love it! Bono is freakily look-a-likey, Larry nothing like him but a brilliant drummer, and he even sings backing vocals! Ah they kicked ass, check em out if you having withdrawals like me
wink.gif

Oh yeah, HAPPY PADDYS DAY!!! 1 day late

Desert Rose, bono_man and I saw them last August in Galway. They were great fun!! We even got pulled onstage to dance w/ errr Bono... haha! That's what happens when you consume too much Red Bull and Vodka.
biggrin.gif

LOL lazyboy, it seems that you had a great time indeed! It?s good hearing from you.
Hey, say hello to my friend Desert Rose for me, would you?
wink.gif

LMAO, you serious?? My sis and her friend did the same last year, and proceeded to rob the mic, there was a whole bunch of us crammed up the front and we scared the shite outta them!
biggrin.gif
And I might add, my sis was on Vodka and red bull too, nasty combo, seems to get you up on stage with U2 tributes though:p

Hiya Follower!
smile.gif
Yeah it was great, and Desert Rose, she's in Dublin ain't she? Aaaaall the way over there on the east side
tongue.gif
So I'm afraid it would be you saying hi to her from me
biggrin.gif
Haven't heard from her in ages! Hope things are well in Brazil
smile.gif

Yes,Desert Rose is currently living in Dublin. I forgot that you live in the other side of the island, sorry. Next time I write to her I'll tell her you said hi.

Things are okay around here. We have World Cup this year, you know, it's almost the only thing that people have been talking about in this country, LOL

What is it with St Patrick's Day and sore necks? You have no idea how funny that is to me. And U2 tribute bands. I have only seen one here years ago, but the girls still talk about that night. It was B.I.G. Must be the great songs eh?
My net connection is dodgy at the moment, almost impossible to post( and I did so want to talk to Pamela about David Bowie)so I'll be lucky to get even this posted.
I see in another topic it's
YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Have a very very happy one. All the best 2 U lad. Cheers
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:

CRZY, if you still in Dublin they coming your way soon, next week, check em out if you can! You too Desert Rose, and Zoomerang II, you guys would love it! Bono is freakily look-a-likey, Larry nothing like him but a brilliant drummer, and he even sings backing vocals! Ah they kicked ass, check em out if you having withdrawals like me
wink.gif

Oh yeah, HAPPY PADDYS DAY!!! 1 day late

I think Crzy left today, but I'll definitely make Rosa and Michael to go!!
biggrin.gif
The funny thing is that we talked about it the other day, and Rosa said the same thing about the singer
biggrin.gif

And Monkees in 2 weeks!!!!!!
wink.gif

Yeah crzy left yesterday - but I am sure she got to listen to some U2 somewhere along the way, even if it wasn't a tribute band
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 03-19-2002).]

Does anyone know what U2 did on the big day? Where is Crzy4Bono, I haven't seen her post in ages.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
but I am sure she got to listen to some U2 somewhere along the way, even if it wasn't a tribute band
wink.gif

Oh yeah, gawd!! Rosa told me about that, I was greeeeeeen of envy
wink.gif

I didn't get a sore neck for St. Pat's.
frown.gif

I was hoping to finally try some Irish beer but I was already under the influence of sinus medication.
I did have a good day tho, the whole family wore green and watched "From a Whisper to a Scream".
smile.gif

Laura was in Ireland?!?! wow!
Did she bump into our boys there?

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 03-19-2002).]

Good to see ya here, Crazy Lazy!
biggrin.gif

I was wondering how your St. Pattys day went!!!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

u got those photos still angel? post em!!
wink.gif

i know you do!!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

crzy's husband was with her at the time so put all those rumors to bed (no pun intended haha) ... but let's just say it was a very U2 weekend.

I'll post the story when I get settled in at home and recover from my hangover.
wink.gif

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Back
Top Bottom