U2 Fans SUCK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This could be rather long since all of my friends and family are U2 fans.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Now, let's hear these "wonderful" stories.

doctorwho, I have already summed up what people have done for me, and that's just the start of it. If I had to sit here and list stories and name names, we'd be here all night. Seriously. I don't need your stuff (and that's saying alot - see other Angel post! lol). I just want you to have faith again in U2 fans. I really truly believe we are a special bunch, and I tell you, this band has made *me* a better person. A more generous person and I know that I am not alone. Like someone has already said, there will be bad seeds in all groups, but on the whole, the great fans out way the rotten. And I am talking from experience having seen U2 this year in four different countries. It's a global phenomenon. U2 fans rock and I will defend that always!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

O.K., I offer you all a chance to prove me wrong.

Here's the deal:

In this thread, I want to read examples (note the plural) of the generosity of U2 fans (again, note the plural). In other words, do NOT post a story about ONE generous fan. Rather, tell me how a series of fans helped you or another person. There must be some way to also verify your story.

I will then reward what I feel is the best story with my own generosity. I will give a copy of a CD single containing ONLY "Big Girls Are Best." This is a promotional one-track collector's item CD. I will send two posters, one from POP era U2 and another circa 1985 (never hung). And there will be a U2 "surprise."

Now, let's hear these "wonderful" stories.

Notice how you when you offer a reward for kindness no-one responds? You're dealing with people who get a kick out of doing things for others, not for themselves.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\
http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Notice how you when you offer a reward for kindness no-one responds? You're dealing with people who get a kick out of doing things for others, not for themselves.

Yes so true!! I have many experiences with U2 Fans being flat out NICE and just darn right cool! But I'm not looking for a reward either... all I know is that some U2 Fans are just ARGH! I know cause I've come accross them in person and on the net! But the majorite are ROCK!

Hope your experiences with U2 Fans get better DW!!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by Angel:
U2 fans rock and I will defend that always!

Yeah!!
biggrin.gif
Well said, Angel!

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

This critisism seems to go a bit to far...
There are ruthless fanatics in every fan base and no one could change this and U2 fans are no exeption here though I cannot agree with statement for I have enjoyed contact to mostly very nice and gentle U2 fans.

------------------
beLIEve

doctorwho...

I could give you all kinds of examples, but I don't want to take all day.
smile.gif
I will say, when you were having a rough time of it a while back, there were tons and tons of people who offered up support for you, especially after that one wanker jumped into the fray - most of whom had never met you. Did that not show you what kind of people U2 fans can be?

I hear stories on this board all the time of free CDs, helping people get tickets, rides to shows, "help my MP3 collection was erased" being answered by a flood of boots in the mail etc etc. I've met a lot of really fun people here (some in person, some not). It takes all kinds - and you'll find all kinds in a community this size.

{{{{{doctorwho}}}}}

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

..all of these issues should be put to naught after meeting me in Providence..when you embraced me, kissed me and covertly pinched me on the ass, Dr Who..

Love-
Diamond
xxox

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Agree with Crzy4Bono...some of my best buddys are U2 fans. I have no complaints.

------------------
Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be...

People suck...that`s true. U2 fans are people so sometimes THEY SUCK TO!!!
It will be completly wrong to say that ALL U2 fans suck as well as all U2 fans are great. Most of the fans I know are good people who were willing to help me when I needed help,others chose to ignore which was pretty human too, some dissed me-Thats how people are. Don`t takle it too hard Dock!
smile.gif
It`s not about being a U2 fan it`s about compation and morals and humanity. SOme pepople just don`t have that...that has nothing with them being U2 fans or not!!!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

Originally posted by no disk:

hey nOW!!!

TAKE a step back, doctor!

You're way too close to the band. And you expect way too much out of strangers. I GUESS YOU FORGOT, BUT PEOPLE SUCK! U2 fans are the best of the bunch, but ON THE WHOLE, they aRE REALLY NO DIFFERENT!

sIM sIM sIMMA!!!!!!!!

wHAT DO YOU EXPECT OUT OF TOTAL STRANGERS???

bE REALISTIC!!!!!!

Oh, and this reply in particular makes no sense.

First, how does my complaint about fans mean I'm "too close to the band." That is very illogical.

Second, I am supposedly reading about the "kindness of strangers" here - yet I'm then supposed to accept that I shouldn't expect much from these strangers. That is a contradiction.

Third, who said that the fans I was talking about are strangers? This is an assumption that was not valid.

Seriously-
Dr. Who-
I would encourage you to check into my PhxShowReview as your views appear to be becoming jaded and stagnated..

Thank You-
D
B

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by MEMHPIS-EVE 007:
People suck...that`s true. U2 fans are people so sometimes THEY SUCK TO!!!
It will be completly wrong to say that ALL U2 fans suck as well as all U2 fans are great. Most of the fans I know are good people who were willing to help me when I needed help,others chose to ignore which was pretty human too, some dissed me-Thats how people are. Don`t takle it too hard Dock!
smile.gif
It`s not about being a U2 fan it`s about compation and morals and humanity. SOme people just don`t have that...that has nothing with them being U2 fans or not!!!

This says SO WELL what I want to say.

I guess it all comes down to, well, at least for me, having expectations that are TOO HIGH from people in general-and,thus, from U2 fans in particular. Maybe that's true for you as well doctorwho-my intuition tells me that it is-but, of course, I could be wrong.

It's very painful when people fail to live up to these expectations, so maybe that's where your frustration is coming from.

Just for example-and I'm not looking for ANY reward of any kind-but just on this tour, I sold my extra Vegas GA to someone on Interference for face value-which I have ALWAYS sold any extras for-and all I asked is that she 'pay it forward' to anyone else-be it a U2 fan or not. And I held on way too long to an extra GC I had to another show for someone else who never used it-so I ended up selling it for $20.OO to someone while I was in the GA line. Some people might call me a fool or a complete loser for doing that-and I sure took a loss-but, you know what-I felt GOOD about it.

The 'cynical' side of me just hopes that he didn't turn around and scalp it-but I try to think otherwise.
smile.gif

Sorry for rambling so much-having a VERY emotional day. But I think I know where you're coming from doctorwho-and hopefully you'll feel better soon. My intuition tells me that you're a person with high ideals and high expectations from people-as am I-and that can be SO painful sometimes.

*hopes this post doesn't sound like Oprah and Dr. Phil
wink.gif

DR. Who...
Email me in private so I can tell you what U2 fans did for me earlier this year..This will amaze you.

Some of our board members here know exactly what I am talking about..I don't want any rewards, but I would like to tell everyone eventually what a nice bunch of people we have here..

Here's my email addie acabam@msn.com

I - i never said i was logical. jerk.

II - yes, it is a contradiction. very good, doc. and your point is??? mine is, again, you don?t get too far relying on the "kindness of strangers," blanche.

III - ok, is this assumption valid then, your honor? if they are not strangers, are they your friends? If so, problem solved. IT'S YOUR JUDGMENT OF PEOPLE'S CHARACTER THAT SUCKS, DOC! your local therapist can help you resolve this issue. it has obviously caused you a lot of pain.

------------------
boofoobudoobie

I have to agree with the subject line on this.

While there are some good U2 fans, the majority do nothing but BITCH.

Every performance seems like it has the weight of the free world on it's shoulders. If Bono's voice sounds like crap, it's over. If U2 doesn't experiment with different sounds like they did in the 90s(and with ATYCLB if you actually listen) then it's all over.

If U2 or whoever decides to pick more enthusiastic(sp) people for a boston show(I'm sorry, I have the DVD, and there are some very VERY ugly people at the good spots, so that whole sitting down business was a joke, and a great example of how stuck up U2 fans are) then let them.

There are some great people on this board, myself being the best. Some people just need to realize that U2 are going to do what they want, not what we want. Just live with it.

------------------
DoctorWho is my bitch!

[This message has been edited by BEAL (edited 11-24-2001).]

Originally posted by no disk:
I - i never said i was logical. jerk.

II - yes, it is a contradiction. very good, doc. and your point is??? mine is, again, you don?t get too far relying on the "kindness of strangers," blanche.

III - ok, is this assumption valid then, your honor? if they are not strangers, are they your friends? If so, problem solved. IT'S YOUR JUDGMENT OF PEOPLE'S CHARACTER THAT SUCKS, DOC! your local therapist can help you resolve this issue. it has obviously caused you a lot of pain.

I think this response nicely sums up why I possess my current attitude.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-24-2001).]

As an outsider to the conversation, and one who doesn't want to get involved...

This thread seems to getting toward the "It's a Wonderful [U2] Life" drama...

*dodges the bullet and bolts outta here

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
As an outsider to the conversation, and one who doesn't want to get involved...

This thread seems to getting toward the "It's a Wonderful [U2] Life" drama...

*dodges the bullet and bolts outta here

*beats soulfulmofo

*feels guilty about beating

*hugs soulfulmofo, but then smacks mofo again, just in case

so, um... we've accomplished a lot in this thread...

It's official: People are not perfect, after all...

Such is the ways of humanity...

Just one quick note though: don't you at all consider the fact that you are yourself bitching and moaning, which is partly what makes U2 fans SUCK according to you?

But rather than accepting the fact that we all have drawbacks in our nature, you lump U2 fans together and take it upon yourself to ridicule them. What gives you this authority and blurred perception?

Hey everyone maybe if we extend our hand to U2 fans in a more public, revealing manner we can win back doctorwho's respect
rolleyes.gif

I have wonderful stories to tell. I know of many wonderful stories. I would never ask that someone prove to me the worth of U2's fans by sharing multiple examples.

Achtung Bebe,
I would have to say that yours was the most powerful post so far...and I say that because you normally take the most diplomatic route possible (which I admire you for!) but this time you just said it like it is and were willing to sacrifice persecution in order to make your point!

You go girl! Well written and thought-out like usual....

Not only do I think U2 fans are extremely generous and kind but I think that most of them are extremely intelligent, too...(I can say that with persuasion after perusing the Bon Jovi board in recent weeks! haha!)

edited - lost faith in U2 fans so point is moot.

= major cop-out.

you began this diatribe. everyone should be able to see wherever it is you are coming from.

I dont think U2 fans in general suck and I do agree about the point that people suck in general and some of them happen to be U2 fans but I must say I've noticed something yucky, a bad taste in the mouth regarding people who are U2 fans and come to U2 websites to disect, critique, hypothesize and sometimes complain about every move the band makes. It can lead to the type of disillusionment doctorwho may be experiencing.

Also doctorwho, I dont feel that you should generalize and say "U2 fans suck" . I thought you were way above generalizing a group of people.

Maybe you should say some U2 fans suck, and thats probably a lot more accurate!

doctorwho,

I do not believe that you thought this issue all the way through. There is no way you can make such an ignorant, blanket statement like "U2 Fans SUCK!" and get away with it on this message board.

I have seen fans of many other bands. No other fan base has the intelligence, heart, friendliness, soul, and depth of U2 fans. Period. There are a lot of people on this board that I have great respect for as people and I do not believe that it is a coincidence that they are U2 fans. Spanisheyes, Skeek, melon, sharky, and starr to name just a few...

I do not know what has been bugging you lately, but U2 fans do not deserve your wrath. Your all-inclusive negative statements only serve to make you look bad.

Direct your anger to a more deserving party. Or go for a run or something.

U2 fans rock.

AJ

Back
Top Bottom