U2 fans possibly the most anal of all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
I have to say that I'm starting to wonder about all the talk about everyone and everything being a ripoff of U2. Seriously what is with that? I mean I've been to a lot of forums dedicated to bunch of different bands and it just recently dawned on me that U2 fans might just be the most anal fans out there. It seems there is too many people reading too much into things and far too many defensive attitudes when it comes to U2. I mean why does everything have to be U2 influenced or a rip off of U2. Coldpay's video Fix You a rip off of SYCMIOYO:rolleyes: Ooohhh the singer walking alone. And comments were made that the SYCMIOYO video is even better. How?! Fix You is a much more interesting video visually than Sometimes dispite how personal it is. Also I read a comment about Our Lady Peace sounding like a U2 cover band:ohmy: What!? Eminem's ipod commercial a ripoff of the U2 one:scratch: People, people, people. I think our fandom is starting to cloud our perceptions. These are just a few examples of the fanatisim that I've seen lately. It's a constant theme here and I wonder why. I don't know I just find it weird.

Has this topic been "influenced" by my post regarding Robbie Williams? I said I wasn't being negative. I think it should be seen as an honour for so many artists to be inspired.

Dudette said:
Has this topic been "influenced" by my post regarding Robbie Williams? I said I wasn't being negative. I think it should be seen as an honour for so many artists to be inspired.

yeah dudette, someone ripped you off.

(sorry couldn't resist. flames self :giggle: )

well, it is a fair cop, we are the most anal of all of them, we make lots of playlists with the same songs... etc

and while i think the eminem thing might be a bit far fetched, one has to admit that currently, Coldplay are ACTIVELY TRYING TO BECOME U2

and that is coming from someone who loves Coldplay and has seen them in concert several times.

But, seriously...

they even have a mini POPMART Screen on tour with them right now.

and chris martin's stage presence owes more than just a tiny bit to bono's

i am not saying this is a bad thing...

as a matter of fact, I respect them for it. No one else is even trying to be the biggest band in the world right now except for U2 and Coldplay...

and seriously, if you were Coldplay, what better pattern to follow than the band who has made it the biggest...

seriously, what other band is there to follow? IF YOU WANT TO BE THE BIGGEST, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW U2...

that's all there is to it.

Dudette said:

No, no. I read your thread and it was most definately not a negative thing. I actually like Robbie Williams too. It just seems alot of us are too wraped up in the thought of anything other than U2 being good without it being some type of ripoff or U2 influence. I know we all think this at times but the creative world does not always revolve around what U2 is doing.

It has been noted a loooooong time ago that U2 fans are fucking stupid! (And no, it isn't a question anymore)

:mac:

Clawgrabber said:

seriously, what other band is there to follow? IF YOU WANT TO BE THE BIGGEST, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW U2...

that's all there is to it.
I think that in order to be the biggest band, it helps if you're the best, and you can't come close to the best if you just follow a tried and tested path to pop-stardom.

But back on topic, yeah, I think U2 fans can get a little too protective and anal when it comes to U2 -- but I'm one of them, so I try not to think about it. :wink:

Coldpay's video Fix You a rip off of SYCMIOYO:rolleyes: Ooohhh the singer walking alone. And comments were made that the SYCMIOYO video is even better. How?! Fix You is a much more interesting video visually than Sometimes dispite how personal it is.
:happy:
Also I read a comment about Our Lady Peace sounding like a U2 cover band:ohmy:
:happy: *coughs* Radiohead
I think our fandom is starting to cloud our perceptions. These are just a few examples of the fanatisim that I've seen lately. It's a constant theme here and I wonder why. I don't know I just find it weird
:happy:

I think U2 fans are incredibly anal when it comes to a lot of things, to be honest...

gareth brown said:
I think U2 fans are incredibly anal when it comes to a lot of things, to be honest...

I'm not really anal...I just have an unwaivering sense of purpose that's driven by my own moral code of excellence.

Can we not use the word 'anal'?

I do agree with the some of the thread starter's points, especially about people reading into things too much. But honestly, I couldn't care any less if someone was influenced by U2, my cousin's band is, if any band wants to create similar music then that's what they should do. But do you really think Coldplay sit in a studio trying to think of ways they can copy U2? And do you think that U2 really care that Coldplay make a some songs that are like theirs? I'd be flattered.

Back
Top Bottom