U2 fans' political views

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which candidate would you vote for in the upcoming US presidential election?

• Bush

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Kerry

Votes: 123 68.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • None

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

mkjc

The Fly
I have always been a little curious how U2 fans breakdown politically. Are you in favor of Bush, Kerry or Other in the upcoming US presidential election. You don't necessarily need to be voting in the election to respond to the poll.

mkjc said:
I have always been a little curious how U2 fans breakdown politically. Are you in favor of Bush, Kerry or Other in the upcoming US presidential election. You don't necessarily need to be voting in the election to respond to the poll.

C'mon folks, don't be shy. Your responses are anonymous.

Re: Re: U2 fans' political views

mkjc said:

C'mon folks, don't be shy. Your responses are anonymous.

Also, if you can figure out a way to vote twice please don't do it. Remember it's not very scientific. Let's just have a little fun with it.

Thanks.

martha said:
:hmm:

*wonders if this will get moved to FYM*

I'm amazed it hasn't already. I hope it doesn't get moved. I figure this is the forum with the most traffic. To get a good sample a lot of traffic helps.

While I always believed the results of this poll personally, it's amazing how you would never know this from reading the posts in FYM.

There's a real reactionary atmosphere over there that obviously DOES NOT REFLECT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE TAKING PART IN THIS POLL! :ohmy:

Thanks for revealing what I always knew about the overwhelming majority of U2 fans.:wink:

I'm not american.

But KERRY. No doubt about it. Bush is a monkey on the loose.

U2_Guy said:
I'm not american.

But KERRY. No doubt about it. Bush is a monkey on the loose.

Being a non-American, you have accurately
described Bush. He's does look like a chimp.
He may look like a monkey, but that's not fair to monkeys.
Monkeys are very intelligent. Bush lacks
in the intelligence dept.
Only thing Bush was successful in his whole life was being a "party animal."

RockNRollDawgie said:

Being a non-American, you have accurately
described Bush. He's does look like a chimp.
He may look like a monkey, but that's not fair to monkeys.
Monkeys are very intelligent. Bush lacks
in the intelligence dept.
Only thing Bush was successful in his whole life was being a "party animal."

You are 100% correct.

I was unfair to the poor monkeys...

LOL

Jamila said:
While I always believed the results of this poll personally, it's amazing how you would never know this from reading the posts in FYM.

There's a real reactionary atmosphere over there that obviously DOES NOT REFLECT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE TAKING PART IN THIS POLL! :ohmy:

Thanks for revealing what I always knew about the overwhelming majority of U2 fans.:wink:

Actually I think that only applies to interferencers. It would be interesting to poll U2 fans outside of this website. Yet, if I had to guess, I would say the majority, although definitely not overwhelmingly, of U2 fans would vote for Kerry.

I think if you created a poll like this for non-US U2 fans, the results would definitely be overwhelmingly in favour of Kerry, while if you limited it strictly to the US, it may be more even. According to the latest polls here in Canada, people would vote for Kerry by a 3-1 margin. I hear the same things about Europe, too. I think the main point here is that perhaps now more than ever before in the world's history, this US election has more of a direct impact on the rest of the world.

OK. Let's try to get a few more responses to make this seem like somewhat of a respectable poll.

I'm in favour of Kerry. He's not perfect, but he's better than Dubya. Now, let's just hope that our friends down south make the right decision and get rid of that buffoon. :yes:

I can summarize most Kerry voters in this way:

They're not voting for Kerry, but against Bush.

Neither candidates impress me at all. Bush continually beats the drum of fear, and Kerry is a slut for votes; he'll say whatever he needs to in order to appease the masses. The presidency race has turned into a smear-fest; I think it's digusting and unnecessary, but I guess because so much is counting on this election that "the ends justify the means". Whatever. Smart money says the elections are going to be a nice mess.

Phalanx said:
I can summarize most Kerry voters in this way:

They're not voting for Kerry, but against Bush.

Yeah that's more than likely. Dubyah has been working really hard during the past 4 years on his self-ousting campaign.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'M VOTING FOR KERRY, not against Bush.

I don't think it's fair for anyone to second guess why any of us are voting the way that we are voting.:ohmy:

That has been a problem with the Bush side - they're very quick to be judgmental of those who don't agree with them.

DEFINITELY TIME FOR REGIME CHANGE....:yes:

I take the view of the most recent episode of South Park: we are voting between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Is this really the two best candidates we could come up with? :help:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom