U2 Cover Album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
I know we tried to have the U2 Covers Contest way back in the day and it went…crappy.

BUT, we did get some great cover versions of U2 songs.

So, here’s my idea – what if people volunteered to submit 1 Cover song of their choice and we get 10 or so different covers, we put together a track listing, make up some album artwork, and offer a U2 Interference Blue Crack download for free.

Another board I go to did almost the same thing (but with original tunes, not covers)

Would anyone be interested in doing this?

If so, here would be a few ground rules:

1. Announce the cover you’re going to do on the board, once it’s announced, it’s off the table, and nobody else can cover it.
2. There would be a time limit for submitting an mp3 of your song, say the end of September
3. Someone in charge (I’ll volunteer) will be responsible for tracklisting and album art work
4. You MUST have fun doing this…if you’re not going to have fun…then don’t do it…

I know we have a lot of talented musicians on this board, anybody else interested?

If we get some great talent, sure it should be great, let's see where the submissions get us.

I wouldn't quite go so far as to declare 'talented musician', but is this along the lines of what you're thinking?
htt p://w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vz1sh6YK0

We had some GREAT cover tunes before (I remember a fantastic acoustic version of Crumbs for starters) and by the lack of response from some of those musicians, and by the lack of enthusiasm from others, I'm starting to think we should forget it.

Just thought it be nice to have something different on the board...

I'd be up for covering Do You Feel Loved (assuming I'm not the only one making an ass out of myself).

how's it coming along? I'm curious to see what interferencers can do. I cann't play or sing, but I can drunk sing really well.... in my own mind.

scottyT said:
how's it coming along? I'm curious to see what interferencers can do. I cann't play or sing, but I can drunk sing really well.... in my own mind.

No one has entered anything yet.

COWARDS!!!! (to be said in best samurai voice)

Where's that acoustic version of Crumbs?
Where's that awesome Mexican/French version of Vertigo?
Where's that kick-butt version of Babyface?

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

Let's make this happen!

Back
Top Bottom