U2 Cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Out of Control

The Fly
If you could hear U2 do a cover of any song, what would it be? I would love to hear them do a version of the Stones' "Wild Horses". I love The Sundays version of it, and I know U2 would do a great job with it. Please excuse me if this has already been discussed, for I am a newbie. :)

I think U2 will pretty much only cover older more classic songs, so as much as I'd like to hear them cover Radiohead I don't think it'll happen!

Out of Control said:
If you could hear U2 do a cover of any song, what would it be? I would love to hear them do a version of the Stones' "Wild Horses". I love The Sundays version of it, and I know U2 would do a great job with it. Please excuse me if this has already been discussed, for I am a newbie. :)

I also think they would do a fantastic 'Wild Horses' - In fact, Bono did sing the chorus during 'Bad' several times during the Elevation Tour. Check out the attached mp3 - it's only about 25 seconds, but it sounds good. It's from the July 29, 2001 show in Berlin.

Attachments

• 16 - wild horses.mp3
    427 KB
Out of Control said:
If you could hear U2 do a cover of any song, what would it be? I would love to hear them do a version of the Stones' "Wild Horses".

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my favorite Stones song!

WGRYWH is my fave U2 song...I've got a thing about wild horses, I guess. *lol* :D

Re: Re: U2 Cover?

Bonochick said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my favorite Stones song!

WGRYWH is my fave U2 song...I've got a thing about wild horses, I guess. *lol* :D

Bono sang the snippet of it after Bad at my first Boston show

I cried my eyes out when he sang "wild horses, couldn't drag me away..." :sad:

Re: Re: U2 Cover?

BB218 said:

I also think they would do a fantastic 'Wild Horses' - In fact, Bono did sing the chorus during 'Bad' several times during the Elevation Tour. Check out the attached mp3 - it's only about 25 seconds, but it sounds good. It's from the July 29, 2001 show in Berlin.

Oh wow! Thanks!

Personally, I'd like to see U2 cover an INXS song. Perhaps "Not enough Time", "Never tear us apart", "Suicide Blonde", or "Strange Desire".

Also, I'd like to hear U2 do Nick Cave's "sad waters".

- The Zoocifer -

U2 as a cover?

Though I am a softie for the older U2 songs I think they already rode "your wild horses" better than Mick...let's see them remake Madonna Music or Dirty Vegas Days Go By..I'd bet they'd have more fun at it :lol:

Attachments

• ascension2.jpg
    ascension2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 50
I've heard Bono covered Bruce's "I'm on Fire" and I'd seriously consider selling some of my soul to hear that. :D :drool:

I'd also love to hear him sing the rest of Bruce's "Sandy" like he did inducting Bruce into the HoF.

My Offical Rock and Roll fantasy (and this will only make sense to those here with the good taste to own a copy of Born to Run) is to hear Bruce and Bono, together, do a medly of "Desire" and "She's the One." That would just be the end of me....

SD

I don't know if this would even work out, but it's a fantasy of mine. Bono singing Led Zep's "When the levee breaks".

Umm...let's see...*ponders* I can't make up my mind, there are so many songs I'd like them to cover.

Wicked Games ( Eeek..I can't remember the name of the guy who sings this song. HIM ( His Infernal Majesty) also covered this song.)
The Cure - Between days
The Ramones - Substitute
Stereophonics - A thousand trees

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Wicked Games ( Eeek..I can't remember the name of the guy who sings this song. HIM ( His Infernal Majesty) also covered this song.)

Chris Isaak?

secret garden - bruce springstien
my way - frank sinatra (i have some boots where bono did say a line or two during zoo tv tour when with or without you began)
yesterday - the beatles

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Umm...let's see...*ponders* I can't make up my mind, there are so many songs I'd like them to cover.

wicked Game im obsessed with both versions of this song this week :drool:

and HIM are excellent :drool:

Back
Top Bottom