U2 Conspiracy Theories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
-Edge sang a few lines of Miracle Drug because the song had to be completed and Bono was on the other side of the world doing his Africa bit, so Edge had to sing it.

-Edge did the falsetto of Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own because Bono's falsetto has lost its luster and poise from the Zoo TV Era - because during the Popmart Tour, he was too insecure about the quality of the album that he smoked so many cigarettes to ease his tension but destroy his falsetto also.

-U2 intentionally leaked the album out to its hardcore fans for initial hype and reaction, and it makes great news and promotion.

-U2 intentionally leaked out Mercy because Bono and Edge have a $100 bet on fan reaction on whether it should have been on the album or not. Bono said it shouldn't have been in the album while Edge wanted it in and he bet on Bono that the general fan consensus would be that it should have been in.

-The Edge-Lost-CD Odyssey in France was a massive fabrication that even the French police knew were not true. It was part of a move to gain publicity and buzz that U2 was working on a new album. No money exchanged hands, as the French government still owes U2 after its airport got great exposure in the Beautiful Day video and French tourism grew.

Cheers,

J

I am willing to believe that Edge sings backup falcetto in "Sometimes" for the reasons you stated.

BrownEyedBoy said:
I'm really beginning to think this guys really is Larry Mullen, what with the whole avatar and everything. :eyebrow:

Another conspiracy? :wink:

-U2 intentionally leaked out Mercy because Bono and Edge have a $100 bet on fan reaction on whether it should have been on the album or not. Bono said it shouldn't have been in the album while Edge wanted it in and he bet on Bono that the general fan consensus would be that it should have been in.

I doubt this is the case because Bono told someone he really loves Mercy and is in a Mercy mood or something to that effect. To me, Mercy is a Bono song. So yeah, I guess I disagree.

wasn't it Larry who came up with the idea to loose both Mercy and Fast Cars from the album?

Maybe Jick really is Larry in McPhisto clothing?

jick said:
-
-Edge did the falsetto of Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own because Bono's falsetto has lost its luster and poise from the Zoo TV Era - because during the Popmart Tour, he was too insecure about the quality of the album that he smoked so many cigarettes to ease his tension but destroy his falsetto also.

It's Bono's falsetto on Sometimes you can't and on A man and a woman. No doubt about it.

Last edited:
jick said:
-

It's Bono's falsetto on Sometimes you can't and on A man and a woman. No doubt about it.

Edge's falsettos are live only cause Bono can't sing too vocals at the same time.

ZeroDude said:
anyway give me £20 on Jick not being who he says he is:wink:

no one is who they say they are (whether or not they are aware of this fact) - its one of the fundamental laws of the universe

Mr. Mullen didn't seem a fan of any of U2's 90s work and then he goes and kills "Mercy" from the album. Somebody stop him.

I don't know why this post was moved. I put it under fan fiction "Dream Out Loud" forum because none of it are true and it's just me writing my own fiction. Oh well...

Cheers,

J

jick said:

-The Edge-Lost-CD Odyssey in France was a massive fabrication that even the French police knew were not true. It was part of a move to gain publicity and buzz that U2 was working on a new album. No money exchanged hands, as the French government still owes U2 after its airport got great exposure in the Beautiful Day video and French tourism grew.

Cheers,

J

I love this one!!! lol

jick said:
I don't know why this post was moved. I put it under fan fiction "Dream Out Loud" forum because none of it are true and it's just me writing my own fiction. Oh well...

Cheers,

J

OK, I'll bite..

Yes, to all of the above (original post)

so the fuck what? :wink:

No cred any more? Oh my God the're not real, liars in fact ,and we are all going to hell.. because we dared to believe..

Keep trying jick.
Everyone will get it eventually. :drunk: :wink: or whatever.

Folkelig said:
wasn't it Larry who came up with the idea to loose both Mercy and Fast Cars from the album?

Maybe Jick really is Larry in McPhisto clothing?

I thought it was mainly Bono who brought up the "quality instead of quantity" and that all 4 reached the decision to have 11 songs on the album.

I still don't understand why this post was moved here. I posted it in the Dream Out Loud forum so that it will go under the radar so to speak. And also because it was pure bull. I'm not one to start controversies or sell my fabrications as truth. If any mods are reading, please move this back to the forum where I originally posted it.

Cheers,

J

BrownEyedBoy said:
I'm really beginning to think this guys really is Larry Mullen, what with the whole avatar and everything. :eyebrow:

Jick is better than fake Edge. :censored: .........:lol:

Better than fake Edge? Of course! Fake Edge likened U2 fans to terrorists. Real Edge would never do that.

But me being Mullen? Come on! That is furthest from the truth.

Cheers,

J

ZeroDude said:
anyway give me £20 on Jick not being who he says he is:wink:

I am who I say I am. Ask those who have emailed me privately or have traded bootlegs with me.

Cheers,

J

U2DMfan said:
Jick, you aren't funny or ironic, so are you actually being serious?

Honest quetsion.

Honest answer. I was just trying to make a piece of Fiction in another forum. I don't know why this post was transferred to here.

Cheers,

J

Back and to the left....

U2 never lost a cd, they finished it and then said they'd lost an unfinished version so that 4 months later they'd release an unfinished version, for promotion with fans, without giving everything away. The songs on the cd probably wont change much, but have slightly different production, maybe. I believe this, because we are one week away, and fast cars hasn't leaked, and maybe the radio station are also promoting what I will now call how to dismantle and atomic bomb beta. So come next weekend will now the truth.

trust no one.

That Miracle Drug theory is believable, it reminds me of one of those Achtoon Baby cartoons on atu2.com

The best U2 theory ever is that almost all of their songs are musically songs by the Beatles but the chords transposed in cyclical progression and either slowed down or speeded up.

Back
Top Bottom