U2 Concert webcast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaPuff

War Child
Could somebody PLEEESE give me the details of this thing and what I have to do to watch it? I am so lame! Somebody should post updates for people who can't get it too. Any help will be appreciated. The time draws near!

------------------
~some days are better than others~

Uh-oh. I never got my confirmation to join U2.com, I must've messed up. I hope some of you will post your updates, apparently I will be among those unlucky ones who won't be watching it.
frown.gif

------------------
~some days are better than others~

Samantha,

Just go to U2.com. Anyone can watch it live, but in order to watch the replays you'll have to sign up with U2.com.

MAP

Ok, the edge is done with the chat, now to countdown to the show!!!! It's about two hours and counting...

I can't wait!!!!

Just so you guys know- it seems that U2.com has the times wrong. According to the actual site where the webcast is being held, the show starts at 8pm Notre Dame time, 6pm PST and 9pm EST. 45 min. earlier than what U2.com says, but who knows.....

Oh, and one more thing- have you guys seen this venue?!?!?#?@!?@? Holy F*ck!! It's small. Soooooo jealous of anyone in there tonight. Wow.

For some reason they say you can watch the "Spinner Cam" and "Smasher Mix" if you are a U2.com member. I am, but when I click on those options I get prompted to sign up for Gold Pass...hmmmm

I really hope this webcast tonight turns out ok, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been disappointed time and time again with live concert webcasts. I have a broadband cable modem connection and still find webcasts frustrating as heck. Especially when there's a huge demand like there'll be tonight. What usually happens is you might get an good video/audio "signal" for a song or two, if you're lucky. But then all of a sudden it pauses with "Net Congestion" showing in your RealMedia player. Or worse, you're disconnected completely and then can't get reconnected. I went through this when the Smashing Pumpkins had a webcast of an L.A. show a couple years ago. Maybe they've improved the technology and will be able to meet the demand tonight. We shall see.. The one good thing is they'll have the webcast available for viewing on demand the next few days. So even if you're pulling your hair out and cursing at your PC tonight, you can always try watching it later.

I got through to the webcast!

It's only a tv test pattern right now, but there is a mix of whats going on playing with some crowd noise behind it. Doesn't sound too bad so far...

OMG!!! I can't believe it, it looks really good! I can't wait for the show to start!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Who the heck is doing the camerawork and doing closeups on girls' rear ends, boobs, and bare tummies?!

------------------
Be a world, child, form a circle
Before we all go under

What cam are you on? Whats the best one? I dont know hich I'm on now but some guy is holding up a white cloth...weird! Sound sucks, but hey, ITS LIVE!!! U2 in 15 MINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom