U2.Communication is worth the money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dawnboo

The Fly
I went ahead renewed my U2.com membership for another year after receiving the e-mail about the discount and getting the special U2.Communication double-disc set. I received it in the mail yesterday and haven't had an opportunity to check it all out. But I have listened to the audio CD and I have to say that I am glad I spent the money. For me, it is worth it just for the City of Blinding Lights and Elevation tracks.

Hearing COBL and the crowd roaring in the background brought back all the exhilaration I felt sitting in the arenas as the concerts started. It was fun to relive that feeling. And, I absolutely love the Vertigo tour version of Elevation. I love the playful way the song starts out with the crowd roaring "EL-E-VA-TION" and then the explosion of sound when the full band kicks in. I have the Chicago DVD, but having the CD so I can play that track at very high volume while in my car is a very good thing!

Happy New Year!

You could go right ahead a purchase the membership knowing that some freak out there would be willing to pay over a $100 US just for this cd package alone.

Ebay # 7576359254

Warning: Have no coffee or any other beverage in your mouth when you see the screen. It WILL end up all over the computer.

Roland of Gilead said:
You could go right ahead a purchase the membership knowing that some freak out there would be willing to pay over a $100 US just for this cd package alone.

Ebay # 7576359254

Warning: Have no coffee or any other beverage in your mouth when you see the screen. It WILL end up all over the computer.

Whoever these people are:

bono51u2 US $104.50 Jan-02-06 01:38:22 PST

deraxl0 US $102.00 Jan-03-06 11:53:43 PST

bono51u2 US $100.00 Jan-02-06 01:37:22 PST

deraxl0 US $81.00 Jan-03-06 11:53:17 PST

chris73125 US $70.00 Jan-02-06 23:52:09 PST

they're ridiculously stupid. :lol: They're all the ones who bid over $30. Honestly, if you're even willing to spend thirty bucks on it, just buy the damn membership---you'll end up paying the $40 after shipping anyway. Clearly people don't do their homework. :shrug:

i personally love the cd and the cdrom. the screensavers are awesome. im glad i spent the money. am i the only person here who thinks the membership is worth it?

MirrorballLemon said:
i personally love the cd and the cdrom. the screensavers are awesome. im glad i spent the money. am i the only person here who thinks the membership is worth it?

No, you're not.
:)

MirrorballLemon said:

No, I'm a sucker for "official" releases and all that. :wave:

Roland of Gilead said:

No, I'm a sucker for "official" releases and all that. :wave:

Ditto. I'm glad I signed up, even though I rarely even visit the site. I'm just dumb like that. :D

And I'm a sucker for torrents so I don't have to spend money

:happy:

RademR said:
u2.com wont see another dime from me

Not one more cent from me either. U2 Communication is an insult. We already have enough bloody versions of ISHFWILF. Would it have killed them to include rarities that diehard fans (i.e. the people who'd join a fan club!) would appreciate, like The Electric Co. or Fast Cars?

I started downloading the torrent, but then I cancelled it because it wasn't worth the disk space. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bad bootleg.

I re-upped because I am still clinging to rumors that maybe they'll come back to America next summer, and maybe I'll get a presale code.
I got the cd's in the mail today, it is pretty damn good. More than 8 songs would have been nice, as would more than two venues, considering both are from the dvd's. But still, not bad.

Well I'm not going to bitch much since I got everything on the set for free, but the whole thing is still pretty lame.

rude.jpg

off.jpg

MirrorballLemon said:

It's no secret many here mock and ridicule U2.com and it's members, kinda asking the wrong crowd.

I've made some "buddies" there, I like the vibe of the paid site but that's just me.

I think it was worth it, for me.

I just post and read where ever there's an interesting topic, be it U2.com, here or other fan sites.

Sorry to bring up this older topic, I just saw it linked to "similar threads."

Last edited:
I bought the membership (renewed (is that a word?)), and I think it's worth it. U2 Communication is like the Melon CD or Hasta la Vista CD. It's mainly fans that have them. And I kind of like that. In some years the CD will be almost impossible to find. And I'm not spending any money on the internet, apart from the membership here at interference and the membership at U2.com, so I thought: why not.

ok...you guys have talked me into it..I've become a complete U2 fanatic after seeing them twice this past fall (the 1st time I saw them was on the Elevation tour ) was always a casual fan.. but I think I'm becoming OBSESSED....what an obsession..call me crazy, but I have a feeling a lot of you would understand :wink:

I wasn't expecting all that much with the U2 Communication package. The description on U2.com just wasn't all that outstanding to begin with. So needless to say I wasn't disapointed with it.
The discounted price of the membership is what got me to renew...and hopes of getting to use my presale code for this rumored stadium tour. :) I know it's unlikely but who knows for sure?

Back
Top Bottom