U2.Com Webcam - why isn't there one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
Well they had one on the original u2.com site when they were recording ATYCLB, so why havent they had one since?

Admittedly you hardly ever saw anything happening, but it least as a fan it made you feel closer to the whole recording process.

God Part III said:
Because they haven't started recording?

U2 haven't recorded since the Joshua Tree, so I don't know what all this Achtung Baby stuff is all about...I think those things about a movie that Rattles And Hums is just a rumor.

Will Mercy be on the Joshua Tree?

I don't think they have started recording the new album - they're just trying off some songs. This isn't their studio, it's Bono's sommerhouse.

Ok, they've started working on their new album, but they haven't started recording it. There's a difference.

^Yeah, I'd say that that's a big reason. (Besides the notion that they may never do a webcam again anyway...who knows.) Listening to Bono's interviews from a few months ago, he was talking about bringing lyrics & practicing piano so that he would have something to bring to the table when the guys all got together in June/July. It kind of sounded like it was just a planned series of jam sessions....kind of like they went into it to try and hammer out some ideas and maybe record if some good stuff came out...as opposed to going with the intent to record.

OpperGoeroe said:
Was U2 ever on those webcams? I think it's a great idea to do it again.

I remember looking at it from work once and you could see Larry reading the paper. Rivoting. :laugh:

Blue Room said:

I remember looking at it from work once and you could see Larry reading the paper. Rivoting. :laugh:
Probably waiting for Bono to do his in-studio lyrical diarrhea magic.

Wasn't there a Pop-cam back in the day? I seem to recall some kind of in-studio image thing during those sessions.

Blue Room said:

:lol:

The only time I spotted a band member was when Larry was sitting on a chair, apparantly doing squat - for about 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom