U2.com Q&A Live Interview - MP3s!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
You can download either low or high quality, I think either are fine quality for an interview.

You can find both files on NewMedia as:

24kb - 11mb file:
U2.com-QandA.2002.11.04-Interference.com-24.mp3

128kb - 63mb file:
U2.com-QandA.2002.11.04-Interference.com.mp3

Enjoy,

Joel

I'm 20 minutes into it, and am very surprised at how well done it is. Usually these chats tend to be a bit trvial, but the BBC moderator is doing a great job at asking good questions and bringing about a nice flow.
Thanks Elvis.

I started downloading the 63 MB version yesterday and only got 2/3 of it. The download speed was less than 2 KB/s even though I have it configured to DSL ? It was taking like over 7 hours. Now this morning New Media can?t even find the file ? Need help please.

i have it! i've slightly changed the file name (for organizational purposes) to "11-4-02 U2.com Question And Answer" and i'll have newmedia on all day, so you should be able to find that. i have cable so it shouldn't take you hours and hours to get it from me, or worry about me dropping offline or something. :D

Thanks Khanada Rhodes ! I typed your file name for it in search but about a dozen files appeared - none are listed as mp3 - all files are listed as less than 2000 KB - no 63 MB file - ?

weird...it's even listed in my shard files, and it is the 63 mb file... :scratch: :sad:

did you remove the quotes? i thought it was worth a shot asking...

Last edited:
Thanks Khanada Rhodes ! I typed your file name for it in search but about a dozen files appeared - none are listed as mp3 - all files are listed as less than 2000 KB - no 63 MB file - ?

Kinda of like the Twilight Zone - I didn't make the double post - I went to the upload folder and clicked on it and first time I got "the server returned the extended information" and the second time I got "the password was not allowed" - ?

This morning I tried the orignal file at New Media - the file was found immediately - download started with speed - estimated time was less than 1 hour ! - got to 10% then " New Media has performed an illegal operation" - now it won't even find the file ! - no luck at Sicy's site " the server has returned extended information" - Help !

Tried again on New Media 1 hour after my last post and the download stopped at 10% percent again - tried again and it stopped at 68% - is it possible to break it down into a handful of parts ? Would it being so large a file be causing these problems ?

Its in the new stuff folder now.

If you are still having problems from there.. manually type the address in the address bar and then try.

I dont know why else you would have problems.

Hi Sicy - I went to your link that was provided in this thread. There is a long alphabetical list of different music artists. At the bottom is an upload folder and the mp3 is still there. When I click on it no download happens. I'm not familiar with ftp - is that all that is necessary - just clicking on it ? I see no folder listed as "new stuff". I appreciate your patience and assistance.

Ok.. first double click on the U2 folder, then double click on New Stuff.. its in there.. Its called 11-04-02 -U2.com Question and Answer. Then once you find the file, RIGHT CLICK on it and choose "Save target as" and save it to your comp.

I just checked.. its not in the upload folder.

Well.. you have to enter in my ftp information in the appropriate fields..

For instance.. if you break it down it's as follows:

username: u2
password: mofo
host address/hostname: sicy.serveftp.com
port: 21000

You want to 'create site' in the window that pops up, name it Sicy.. or whatever then click next, then enter in the host name.. then the user id and password.. dont worry about 'account'.. make sure the port says 21000 and then finish. After that you should be able to select it in the connect to window and click connect. Enter the password again if it asks you. After you get this far and into my site you just select the file you want to transfer to your computer (which is the window on the left) and click the green arrow.

Back
Top Bottom