U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya know, I wasn't gonna say anything 'cause there seems to be a lot of bitchin' going on lately, but now that it won't let me log in to the site I have to say U2.com is sucking serious ass.
It's not like the album release was a total surprise and it's not like the site is groundbreaking. I know there's going to be bugs for a bit but the lack of communication and the type of glitches people are running into are inexcusable and unprofessional. I am very concerned about the ticket process. I can see it turning into a major nightmare.
:mad:

is the actual u2.com site down for anyone else at the moment or is it just me

could this be a good sign perhaps...?

Working fine now. They've changed the front page pic.... not sure about anything else yet..

hey! i can log in... but using the orignal password i chose and not the one i asked them to send me a little while later??

must not question - be grateful!!!!!

added: still can't access webmail... its a start though!

Last edited:
I e-mailed fanfire asking if my order on 11/23 would be honored, I got this response:

Thank you for your email. We had about 400 orders go through the website before it was ready. We are going to honor these orders of course. The individuals in charge of the website are currently working on entering in these 400 orders to the new site. This unfortunately may take a few days. We will be notifying you as soon as the account is active.

-Rob

Last edited:
digsy said:
hey! i can log in... but using the orignal password i chose and not the one i asked them to send me a little while later??

must not question - be grateful!!!!!

added: still can't access webmail... its a start though!

You may end up with 2 memberships on there then, according to the e-mail I got, they are adding those of us who joined early to the database manually.

ultrraviolette said:
I e-mailed fanfire asking if my order on 11/23 would be honored, I got this response:

Thank you for your email. We had about 400 orders go through the website before it was ready. We are going to honor these orders of course. The individuals in charge of the website are currently working on entering in these 400 orders to the new site. This unfortunately may take a few days. We will be notifying you as soon as the account is active.

-Rob

Well I signed up when the site was officially up and I still don't have paid membership access.

this is really weird - i can log on to the page, it shows my member profile etc etc, but i can't log into any of the member stuff like video and webmail and stuff. i'm putting that down to the fact the the order confirmation (from the second time i put through) hasnt come through yet so officially i haven't been charged which is probably why it's not fully active.

wonder how they'll work it if i do end up with 2 memeberships - i'm pretty sure i used the same username each time and obviously the email is the same so...???
who knows?

I'm happy to say that after the initial subscribing debacle I have had no other problems, (other than the site being down this afternoon).

I have watched videos to my heart's content and been able to access every member feature that exists.

I was a little skeptical at first because of the nightmare of the first day but the site is running fine and quick.

I just hope they figure out, test, re-test and do everything humanly possible so that when it's time to do the tickets it's not a disaster.

You darned well better had wait. I had a bad experience yesterday, but it could have been a lot worse, and thankfully I rescued myself. I posted a VERY long (essay-length) accountof my Saga and my reaction to it in the News area, in the thread "More on the U2.com Memberships." As I told Hello Angel to move it to a "hotter" area of the Forum and she hasen't gotten abck to me, I urge everyone to go there and read it now. I think it will prove very educational...

Thanks

Oops..make that the "U2.com Launches..or Not" thread in the News Area. Thanks

me too - its all working despite the fact that i never got a confirmation that my credit card is working :shrug:

i would like to stop complaining now but i'm still pretty pissed about how screwed up this hsa been and the fact that i've had to sign up twice, probably been charged twice butonly have 1 acount. that and the fact that no-one seems to know whats going on or even properly acknowledged theres a problem or taken any steps to rectify it...:mad:

Well....I''m a little bit late with saying this but:

I've got the same problems as all of you:

- I signed up and was taken back to the original subscribe form.
But, I could log in...

What you have to do then is go to "subscribe" in the top right.
Then you can pay!!

But it's still a mess....I haven't recieved any confirmation of my payment, and I can't get into my mailbox...it's a MESS

I was able to subscibe to the free area but could never advance to the paid subscription. A few days later I logged in to my "free" account and pressed subscribe. Everything appeared to work just fine. My propaganda discount was applied, the credit card payment appeared to succeed. I waited over a day and no e-mail and I could still only access the free area. So once again I subscribed, this time I have paid access, webmail, etc. One welcome e-mail but no discount coupon e-mail.

No response from the u2.com people, I ended up just re-subscribing using a different username. My card got charged and now I'm in. Geez this is more of an ordeal than it should have been...

I so wish I had just been more patient and waited till the site was relaunched lol. I e-mailed again but they have not replied yet. Maybe they are not working over the weekend. Still not resubscribing yet...

I "purchased" a membership for $40 on 11/22. I called fanfire a few days ago to see what the deal was and was told that even though I got an email confirmation, my order wasn't accepted and my card wasn't charged (so far it hasn't been). They said I should just resubscribe using the Prop card, etc. I waited until now to do due to all the problems others were having. It seems they've fixed whatever was wrong before, because I had no problems at all going through the process. Now I just have to make sure that they don't ever charge me for that initial membership I placed...it's still showing up in my "order status."

Which of the two replies that fanfire have said regarding early subscribers to u2.com should we follow?!?!?!?!?!

I "purchased" a membership for $40 on 11/22. I called fanfire a few days ago to see what the deal was and was told that even though I got an email confirmation, my order wasn't accepted and my card wasn't charged (so far it hasn't been). They said I should just resubscribe using the Prop card, etc. I waited until now to do due to all the problems others were having. It seems they've fixed whatever was wrong before, because I had no problems at all going through the process. Now I just have to make sure that they don't ever charge me for that initial membership I placed...it's still showing up in my "order status."

I've never gotten a reply from them via email, so I'll call again tomorrow to make sure they cancel/remove that previous order. I might contact my credit card company, just in case, to make sure they never make payment on that $40 order any time in the future.

This was on U2tours.com:

In a form-letter reply to @U2 reader Steve W., the U2.com/Propaganda team has shared a little more information about the new online fan club, the conversion for Propaganda members, and the sales of fanclub concert tickets. The most newsworthy elements of the letter:

* the general (public) ticket sales for U2's next tour will begin in January

* U2.com members will be able to purchase tickets a week before the general public

* U2.com members will be able to purchase two (2) tickets for any indoor show or four (4) tickets for any outdoor show

* the ID number on your U2.com membership card can only be used once to purchase concert tickets

I didn't know it could only be used once
:| Makes me want to re-think getting a membership at all--though I do want the full videos. :|

Might give them a phone tommorrow. Based on not charging the credit card, I would think they have just messed up to original orders. If they hadn't told people that the original orders were still going to be valid I would have bought another by now. But I dunno!

Back
Top Bottom