U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigdomer said:
digsy - I just called again, too. The dumb lady chewed me out and said that it was all my fault. Furthermore, she accused me of hacking into the web site to place my order. I advised her that I simply ordered it through U2.com (the old vertigo site) and its not my fault that they put the link up early. She chilled out a little when I told her that I had a paid receipt that I received via email.

The explanation for why our data is not in the computer did not hold water. Her supervisor told her that it could be several days until it is fixed and that we ultimately still may need to call back and start all over.

this is insane! that totally different to what she told me - i was told this will be sorted tomorrow. also, i sent a mail to them earlier today stating the exact problem about not having a username/password and it not recognising my emai.l
the response: your username and password are the ones you supplied when you signed up, fill them in, if you have forgotten request the password to be sent to you
I CANT DO THAT YOU MORON!

so i'm in the process of drafting a reply consisting of the politest way in the world of which i can think to say "you're a bunch of useless monkeys". not using those exact words but close enough :evil:

Spoke to Eva, just now at 800-615-1324. She said they are taking all the old orders (I noticed my Sku number is different than the current one, I ordered "U2CFNCLB", the new one is "U2TFN001") and converting them over to the new system TOMORROW (Dec 3, 2004). We should receive emails sometime tomorrow regarding our information.

I did notice they "unlinked" the Add 2 Cart so it just shoots you back to the main U2.com page, so they stopped taking more orders, probably so folks won't order the thing twice.

I'm probably adding to the mayhem... LOL! In my case, I filled out the first subscription page, received an email, but I never reached any kind of credit card page. .... So, perhaps I should wait a few days and try again? Ack. Did this happen to anyone else?

Last edited:
Um, everything worked for me perfectly. Got about 4 email confirmations. Prop code worked. I guess I may be in the minority. :ohmy:

Well, I signed up again...

But I had signed up early... soooooooooo

I may end up with 2 memberships... :sad:

Gotta look on the bright side. That means 4 guaranteed tickets per leg... :|

Im in the same boat as many of you. I subscribed on 11/23, I got a confirmation order from Fanfire. Now I can't log in and when I tried to request password (even though I know the one I am typin in is correct) it doesn't recognize my email :|

I finally got my letter from Propaganda, but now that I'm trying to register, I can't get through.

This is completely ridiculous. If Fanfire was going to take on a fanbase the size of U2's, they should have prepared for this months ago. :mad:

I've attempted to sign up, and every time, it times out. What sucks is, every time it's timed out, I lose the screen name I'm trying to get. When I try to sign back up, it says 'that name is already taken'. So far, I have a very, very, very low opinion of Fanfire.

Shade said:
I've attempted to sign up, and every time, it times out. What sucks is, every time it's timed out, I lose the screen name I'm trying to get. When I try to sign back up, it says 'that name is already taken'. So far, I have a very, very, very low opinion of Fanfire.

1) Keep in mind that you can sign up, take the name that you want and stop there. Browse around do what you want.

2) Then sign-in with the name you first signed up with (in # 1) and press subscribe (next to shop on top of the page), you should get the membership check-out there, with the name you chose in # 1 and do all your subscription process.

I figured this out and have been able to do everything with 1 screen name, have a u2.com email address, watched videos etc., and immeidately received the email confirmation.

Mind you I did this with my father's credit card and will be signing up again using the supposed prop discount just for another shot at 2 more tickets.

I get as far as the order page, but it won't put the subscription in my cart. I just keep going back the the main page. Did they just take the link down again? :huh:

ramblin rose said:
You should probably signin with one of the names you already have, the one you really wanted.

It's telling me that the checkout lanes are busy, so I'll give it a shot when it isn't so overloaded. Anyway, thank you for the help, Ramblin' Rose (great film, by the way). :)

drumkeeran said:
I'm in.

Order all set with discount. I had to make sure I chose a billing option. Received two emails to confirm.

Went to site to login. Not really sure if the site acknowledges you by name.

Went to Zootopia, edited preferences, but could not edit personal information. It just sent me back to the U2.com home page.

Went to Exclusives, watched a clip of the "Making the Vertigo video" but it asked me to subscribe to watch the whole thing. Since I am already subscribed and logged in, how do I watch the whole thing?

Hopefully, using this will help them work out the kinks. And let's hope kinks are worked out before presale time. :)

Thank god - I thought I was the only one who was having this sort of problem:( Can you access your web mail or does it keep sending you back to the home page after you put your login information in?

digsy said:

this is insane! that totally different to what she told me - i was told this will be sorted tomorrow. also, i sent a mail to them earlier today stating the exact problem about not having a username/password and it not recognising my emai.l
the response: your username and password are the ones you supplied when you signed up, fill them in, if you have forgotten request the password to be sent to you
I CANT DO THAT YOU MORON!

so i'm in the process of drafting a reply consisting of the politest way in the world of which i can think to say "you're a bunch of useless monkeys". not using those exact words but close enough :evil:

i had the same response as you digsy, im seriously considering cancelling this order and re-subscribing on the site...

the fact that fanfire have accused us of hacking the site makes my blood boil!!!! it's their incompetence that allowed us to get there through a legitimate link on the official site...

the same as somebody else has said this does not bode well for ticket allocation in the spring.

chrissybaby said:

i had the same response as you digsy, im seriously considering cancelling this order and re-subscribing on the site...

the fact that fanfire have accused us of hacking the site makes my blood boil!!!! it's their incompetence that allowed us to get there through a legitimate link on the official site...

the same as somebody else has said this does not bode well for ticket allocation in the spring.

how do you go about cancelling your order? I can't find a link to do it on the fanfire site and they havent replied to any of my emails (and I'll only call them if they have a uk number)

No. 3.5 said:

how do you go about cancelling your order? I can't find a link to do it on the fanfire site and they havent replied to any of my emails (and I'll only call them if they have a uk number)

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! i don't know how to cancel!!!! you are right, there is no link to cancel....its the worst status/ordering page EVER. I might have to just risk it that this one wont go through..... but thats stupid just be patient, but i want access now!!!! i think im going mad. any suggestions?

kakvox said:
Um, everything worked for me perfectly. Got about 4 email confirmations. Prop code worked. I guess I may be in the minority. :ohmy: [/Q

My prop code is U2PR-************** (14 letters after the dash). Is this correct? Should there be other dashes? I can't get mine to work. :mad:

dezmaas said:
kakvox said:
Um, everything worked for me perfectly. Got about 4 email confirmations. Prop code worked. I guess I may be in the minority. :ohmy: [/Q

My prop code is U2PR-************** (14 letters after the dash). Is this correct? Should there be other dashes? I can't get mine to work. :mad:

:yes: Are you typing it in caps and put the dash in also?

I subscribed yesterday morning at 8:30 and everything worked fine on the first try.
My best friend tried around noon yesterday and she has had nothing but problems, I went to her house and we actually got all the way to the screen where you put your payment info in, but after we hit next it just crawled and soon just went to www.fanfire.com!!!! She has tons of "free" accounts now, from trying so many times, but not one of them was an actual paid account. :sigh:
I really hope they get all this flowing more smoothly soon.

chrissybaby said:

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! i don't know how to cancel!!!! you are right, there is no link to cancel....its the worst status/ordering page EVER. I might have to just risk it that this one wont go through..... but thats stupid just be patient, but i want access now!!!! i think im going mad. any suggestions?

maybe look at cancelling the payment you made with your credit card that way you can sign up correctly again (althgouh by the sounds of it its having probs again) and at least that way you dont have to worry about having paid twice. although i'm gonna give it a few more days before i do that. dont want to confuse issues even more!

EPandAmerica said:

:yes: Are you typing it in caps and put the dash in also?

I subscribed yesterday morning at 8:30 and everything worked fine on the first try.
My best friend tried around noon yesterday and she has had nothing but problems, I went to her house and we actually got all the way to the screen where you put your payment info in, but after we hit next it just crawled and soon just went to www.fanfire.com!!!! She has tons of "free" accounts now, from trying so many times, but not one of them was an actual paid account. :sigh:
I really hope they get all this flowing more smoothly soon.

Even if your subscription doesn't go through you can still try again using your original username.

Just sign in to U2.com with one of the the "free accounts" (I suggest using the username she really wanted) and then once your in the free site press subscribe (on top of the page next to My Shop). That should again bring you to the shopping cart with the membership in it.

Once I did it this way I was able to keep the username I first signed up with and have not had absolutely any problems accessing anything on the site, getting the 25% off coupon etc.

In fact I'm quite likeing everything the paid site has to offer, last night I spent a lot of time browsing through the music videos and it was great.

Now if I could only get the stupid prop letter and subscribe myself, what I've been using is a subscription I bought with my fathers credit card and using the address of the house I own in Florida.

atikicat said:
I finally called fanfire today about the problem with ordering the membership too early...11/22. She said even though I got an email confirmation, the order wasn't accepted and my card was never charged. I just have to go through ordering the membership again...the right way with the Prop number, etc. She also told me to do so tomorrow, because they're being overwhelmed with calls, orders, etc. I think this may have something to do with all the problems some of you are having...just too many people trying to do it. I think I may wait a few days after the initial frenzy winds down.

This is sounding to be likely what has happened. My credit card had the $40 in outstanding authorisations for a few days - but now it has just disappeared. It doesn't seem to have charged my card. But i'm going to wait a few days in case they are in the process of collecting together the early orders and changing them to the new code, or whatever the hell they are doing lol

<<but when i asked if they would then email me my username and login etc she went a bit vague and said she wasnt certain how they were going to fix it or how/if they would then let me know that my account was active with username. >>

I wondered about that too. But I went to the fanfair.com site and it had my name already at the top of the screen. Then I hit logg out and went to a screen saying I lost my password and they sent it to my email address. I'm hoping that this might be what they'll use. I dunno...

Deb

I feel a little bit better about waiting to subscribe with my Prop ID. Something tells me it gonna be a while before everything's running OK.

dlynna said:
<<but when i asked if they would then email me my username and login etc she went a bit vague and said she wasnt certain how they were going to fix it or how/if they would then let me know that my account was active with username. >>

I wondered about that too. But I went to the fanfair.com site and it had my name already at the top of the screen. Then I hit logg out and went to a screen saying I lost my password and they sent it to my email address. I'm hoping that this might be what they'll use. I dunno...

Deb

i was just about to write a thread about how my fanfire one was fine and there were no probs and i could still shop and stuff. .. and then i checked again and its not recognising my fanfire username/password either which is weird because they're saved on the computer and i just have to hit login and its normally fine. so i emailed for a new password too - i dont have very high hopes about it working though.

i also got this message

We have upgraded to a new shopping mart. U2.com customers will need to create a new account, even if you are already a registered member of u2.com or Zootopia.

thought i might try re-register but its told me my username is already in use (by me)

this is going to drive me insane

dlynna said:

Deb

oh and it probably still had your name up top because of cookies. mine too up till yesterday but i was having a prob with my internet so cleared all my cookies and when i went back to fanfire today it gave me login probs.

useless bunch of cr@p

ramblin rose said:

Even if your subscription doesn't go through you can still try again using your original username.

Just sign in to U2.com with one of the the "free accounts" (I suggest using the username she really wanted) and then once your in the free site press subscribe (on top of the page next to My Shop). That should again bring you to the shopping cart with the membership in it.

Once I did it this way I was able to keep the username I first signed up with and have not had absolutely any problems accessing anything on the site, getting the 25% off coupon etc.

In fact I'm quite likeing everything the paid site has to offer, last night I spent a lot of time browsing through the music videos and it was great.

Now if I could only get the stupid prop letter and subscribe myself, what I've been using is a subscription I bought with my fathers credit card and using the address of the house I own in Florida.

I tried this once early this morning 6:30 am .... didn't work, everytime I clicked on subscribe it would just take me back to the main page, so I will try once more, before I have her give them a call.

Back
Top Bottom