U2.com Has Video Of Hands That Built America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone happen to know when the full version is coming out? I LOVE what I've heard so far...the first time I watched it I thought it was good...now I've watched it a second time (and brought my mom in here to see it too!) and we both LOVE it! More, please!

I kind of share the same reaction as Salome. It's alright...but nothing spectacular (at least not yet :D). Sounds pretty rough right now, but I'm sure they'll have it polished up for the full release.

hmmm...Sometimes I hear a little snippet like that and don't know what to think, or I don't like it right away...but this one I did...Maybe because, as someone said, it is sort of "one"-ish.

For those of us that haven't heard it ..........

How long is the clip of the song?..........does it sound like its still a work in progress or finished?

Re: For those of us that haven't heard it ..........

Swan269 said:
How long is the clip of the song?..........does it sound like its still a work in progress or finished?

It's about 30 seconds. I think it sounds pretty finished, but i can see some might think it was rough.

The harmonies on it are breathtaking.

I can't play or download stuff at work and my connection at home is crap! :scream:

But I'm still gonna give it a whirl when I get home. *crosses fingers*

Um, I'm not too keen on the title either, but then again, I have no context for the song. Listening to that clip, it sounds like it will be pretty good, but I'll save my judgment for the whole song.

However, it is nice to finally hear some of it, at least!

!!!!

Schweeeeeeeet! new song, new song, NEW SONG!
Anyone know what its for? i.e. new album, best of..., soundtrack?
and...WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!?

...as for the actual clip, welp, i couldn't tell much from it, the vocals i liked!:up:

follower said:
Maravilhosa...haunting and beautiful...and Edge on keyboards! Can't wait to hear the whole thing. As I said to a friend, I was so eager to hear something new coming from U2 that I felt like I were starving and someone threw out a bone. ;)
The first thing I thought was, 'The edge is playing the keyboard!!!'
It's haunting and beautiful, Bono's voice sounds great, so soft and soulful.:sad:

Well -

I like it. I like it alot. I tend to enjoy U2's more atmospheric side [Passengers, Pop ("If God Will Send His Angels", "If You Wear that Velvet Dress", Million Dollar Hotel Sndtrk, etc.)] and this goes over well. Emphasis on the Edge (that guy's voice just keeps getting better and better) and I am predicting that the song will have an explosion of sound such as "with or without you".

On another note, the first thing I thought of when I heard this snippet was David Bowie.

- The Zoocifer -

I can't wait to hear it but I have to wait until 3am because I will be working until then.........well if I can wait a few months then I can wait.......who I am kidding I am calling out sick right now!:scream:

This "clip" is the pure definition of a teaser.

I really want to like it, but I just don't know. Reminds me of the BD and Kite clip. It is too damn short! Oh well, I am greatful that something new is out there no matter how short it is.

Thank you Sicy. For some reason my software is sucking ass right now and it will not work!! :sad: But if lightening strikes the computer and zaps it into reason I'll try again. Thanks.

I actually had some chills from that clip, and that's a very good sign. Musically, anyway. I do wish U2 would get off their America obsession, though. It might be time for them to think of writing about and touring other parts of the world!

scatteroflight said:
I actually had some chills from that clip, and that's a very good sign. Musically, anyway. I do wish U2 would get off their America obsession, though. It might be time for them to think of writing about and touring other parts of the world!

They wrote about it for the movie, the location of which is NY.

Angel said:
WOW

Very haunting....... I like it!!!! Perhaps U2 is on it's way to creating the next "With or Without You"? :eyebrow:

I agree....my God, this thing's *gorgeous*. I could pick that up even though it kept stalling on me dammit! Wow...this has "Oscar" written all over it.

3346%3A72323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323%3A5%3A%3A95%3B%3Anu0mrj

3346%3A72323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323%3A5%3A%3A95%3B7nu0mrj

3346%3A72323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323%3A5%3A%3A95%3B8nu0mrj

3346%3A72323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323%3A5%3A%3A95%3B9nu0mrj

scatteroflight said:

:yes:

Although I agree with scatteroflight?s last sentence ;), lets not forget that the song is the music theme for a movie about Irish imigrants going to America and helping to "build" the country as we know it. Personally I can?t wait to see the movie. And listen to the whole song as well. :)

Yeaaah I like it, I mean, from what I've heard. It's just too short to get the whole feeling! But yeah, it's really mellow sounding... I'm excited to see how it'll fit into the movie! Edge background vocals! sweeet...

I need to hear more. Towards the end of the clip my :( turned to a :) because of :larry:. It's all about the drums!

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:

They wrote about it for the movie, the location of which is NY.

Ok, this is true, so it was a bit dumb of me to say that in that context. However, in general I think my remark still stands! If they're going to write another song dedicated to a city on their next album, Dublin or London or Belfast or Sydney or Vancouver or Toronto or Mexico City or Paris or Tokyo or New Delhi would all be good choices!

scatteroflight said:

Ok, this is true, so it was a bit dumb of me to say that in that context. However, in general I think my remark still stands! If they're going to write another song dedicated to a city on their next album, Dublin or London or Belfast or Sydney or Vancouver or Toronto or Mexico City or Paris or Tokyo or New Delhi would all be good choices!

No, I totally agree with you- it would be very interesting to see a song written about another city outside of the US, or even written in context of another city (such as the video for Mysterious Ways)

I'd vote for New Delhi :)

Back
Top Bottom