U2.com email today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chork

War Child
Anybody else received this?

Dare we speculate?

Dear CHORK,

Something a bit special is coming up on our U2.com subscription site tomorrow.

As you know, we like to show you some love - so tomorrow we're bringing you something a little out of the ordinary.

Can't say anymore but sign in Thursday at 6.30pm (US EDT).
Check the time in your location.

best wishes,
The U2.com Team.

Thanks again. My eyes are too bad to make anything out in a small photo though. :wink: And since we don't know that this has anything to do with a new U2 album, I think your separate thread is fine!

Something to do with the 25th anniversary of rattle and hum i think. Is the picture in the email the recording equipment in the wareshouse from the rattle and hum movie?

If it isnt anything to do with new material thats just cruel from u2's part,they know everyones going crazy for new material, rumours are coming out all over the place and to tease us like this is "so cruel" :)

My email was blank, too. I saw this on atu2.com; they seem to think that it might be related to a Nelson Mandela documentary:

U2.com Email Promises Members 'Something a Bit Special'

UPDATE: As reported in our forum, this may have something to do with the upcoming film, Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom. If you click the link in the email, you'll end up on a page with a long URL that includes "MandelaTraler." There's no U2 involvement in the film that we're aware of, so the "something a bit special" might be news that U2 are involved in some way ... or it could just be an exclusive trailer for U2 fans ... or it could be nothing about the film whatsoever. Your guess is as good as ours.

Yay, just what U2 fans have been waiting for. :|

Something to do with the 25th anniversary of rattle and hum i think. Is the picture in the email the recording equipment in the wareshouse from the rattle and hum movie?

I even enlarged and lightened the photo and I still can't identify anything in the picture. Way to be secretive I guess!

My email was blank, too. I saw this on atu2.com; they seem to think that it might be related to a Nelson Mandela documentary:

U2.com Email Promises Members 'Something a Bit Special'

Yay, just what U2 fans have been waiting for. :|

The band did an alternate recording of Breathe that had the lyrics focused on Mandela...there was a :90 clip going around at one point of that? Maybe they're sharing the full recording? If so, not great, though not terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom