U2.com Down....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
Looks like U2.com has been taken down, they must be doing work on it right now. Hopefully be getting a new U2.com sooner than we expected!

I noticed it too. I do hope it means we're getting something new, but it just looks damn sloppy to have it down, especially at a very important time for the band.

I mean, imagine you're not a U2 fan, or maybe just a casual one. You hear Vertigo on the radio and think to yourself "that sounded good. I'd like to find out more". So you head off to u2.com and what do you get? "This website is down for maintenance. Please check back". Right. Great way to promote an album.

Incidentally, I was just checking out the sites of other bands who have albums coming out soon (REM and Manic Street Preachers), and they're miles ahead of what U2.com has to offer, especially now with this silly "micro-site for vertigo " thing. I do hope things improve because it's a shame that the greatest band in the world has such a lame official website.

maxpouliot said:
looks like i'm the only one excited about this... :eyebrow:

Ha ha, not at all man, looks pretty much the same as before. Who knows what they were doing there. Looks like it's nothing to get too excited about this now!

It seems to be back up but I don't see anything new (?). Most of the other updates that have happened over the last little while have happened late in the lunch hour (EST)...

Jaxx said:
Incidentally, I was just checking out the sites of other bands who have albums coming out soon (REM and Manic Street Preachers), and they're miles ahead of what U2.com has to offer, especially now with this silly "micro-site for vertigo " thing. I do hope things improve because it's a shame that the greatest band in the world has such a lame official website. [/B]

I don't know about the manic Street Preachers but i think that rem's site sucks

maxpouliot said:

I don't know about the manic Street Preachers but i think that rem's site sucks

Agreed. I wish U2 and REM would have better websites with more exclusives, more information, more current information, etc.

You know, I have such mixed feelings about at least the forum aspect of an official U2 website somehow...

I totally understand the value and need for a good band site, with lots o' archives for pix and tracks and video especially the kind you can't get anywhere else...thats fab.
But part of me feels like I now get (but didn't maybe a couple months ago when I first got u2.com and then Interference on my radar screen) why they might not want to do all that much "exclusive" or reveal-ational stuff on their own site.
Why any band might not want to, but especially one as giant-sized as U2 and with their reputation for being
preachy, you know?
And I actually thought that aside from zootopia's problems, and the server issues (I kept getting cut off somehow) the U2 site was pretty okay for what it needed to do.

I dunno, that was a total newbie type impression...
cheerio all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom