U2.com comes through (U2 Communication)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathan1977

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Got it in the mail today, and it's a nice little package -- over 40 minutes of live U2. Not too shabby. And some nice multimedia material to boot.

Nice one, boys!

nathan1977 said:
Got it in the mail today, and it's a nice little package -- over 40 minutes of live U2. Not too shabby. And some nice multimedia material to boot.

Nice one, boys!

:happy: stupid question of the day :happy:

I joined u2.com last February. Do I have to join again to get this stuff?

I haven't been paying attention...:sad:

Yes, nice work, giving their fans more recordings of songs that have already been released multiple times. Because the hardcore fan definitely doesn't want to hear The Electric Co.

If I got U2 Communication, I'd use it as a coaster.

I think mines due on the twelfth. My key chain thing came right on time, so maybe this will too. :happy:

And angelordevil, if you resubscribed early you could have gotten it, and maybe you still can, but I think the offer has passed. Sorry. :(

Meghan said:

And angelordevil, if you resubscribed early you could have gotten it, and maybe you still can, but I think the offer has passed. Sorry. :(

I think you can still get it, at least a new subscription can b/c I got an e-mail this week from U2.com inviting me to subscribe and get it.

Axver said:
A letter from Bono saying "how's this for spontaneous?"
The letter comes all torn up, though, so you have to tape it back together to read it.

typhoon said:

The letter comes all torn up, though, so you have to tape it back together to read it.

But fear not! If you pay an extra $40.00, it comes pre-taped with special limited edition red and black HTDAAB tape that makes the letter impossible to read!

Clawgrabber said:
hooray for the 3rd officially released live versions of WOWY AND ISHF!!!

WOWY LIVE
Please Single
Hasta La Vista
U2 Communication

ISHFWILF
Rattle And Hum
Love: Live At The Point Depot
U2 Communication

dullsville, man. totally dullsville.

Not to mention the fact they're both on the RAH and Popmart videos, and that WOWY is also on ZooTV Sydney, Boston Elevation, and Slane. How many damn versions of WOWY do we need?

Well, I am a longtime fan and dispite the rather so-so tracklisting, I am still excited to get this AND hopefully before Christmas too!

You speak true, gunslinger...

I am still eagerly awaiting it in my mailbox...

my main complaint is not so much that we are getting songs we already have so many times... but rather that we

a. aren't getting songs we DON'T have... that were stellar on this tour...

To me the inclusion of Where The Streets Have No Name on the Please single made sense, because that song truly shone on that tour, and was part of the Please suite.

On the walk on single, it was kind of tacked on, but it made sense as a medley with Bad and the 40 snippet, because that was how it was played on that tour.

So including an older song isn't a big problem, in fact I was hoping for some. But not more Joshua Tree.

Why they couldn't include a song like Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses when that song on this tour was a true highlight, or a track like The Electric Co. which was, to me THE SONG of this tour...

or even:
GLORIA
AN CAT DUBH / INTO THE HEART
FAST CARS
CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE
DISCOTHEQUE
THE FIRST TIME
THE OCEAN
PARTY GIRL
RUNNING TO STAND STILL
WALK ON
STUCK IN A MOMENT

Some of these we already have, but none of them are on NEARLY EVERY LIVE RELEASE & CONCERT VIDEO by the band.

The ironic part about WOWY and ISHFWILF to me is that relatively speaking, They Don't get played THAT much (at least in comparison to songs like Bullet And Streets) and in the 16 times that I have seen U2, they popped up as little surprises, variances in the set list that get my attention and get me excited.

When they played WOWY and ISHF in croke, it was the first time i had seen them play the songs on the Vertigo tour, but it was my fifth show of the tour.

but they show up on nearly every live recording, so it is almost like U2 is misrepresenting them, like there has to be an archived version from every tour, which is unnecessary, especially when years go by without the archiving of other better live tracks.

Discotheque from this tour is the prime example. If we were going only by official releases, they haven't played the song since 1997, but there have been stellar versions played on both ELEVATION and VERTIGO tours.

ah well, enough complaining.
i'm still looking forward to getting it in the mail.
I can't help myself.

Three of the songs on the CD haven't been documented live on CD before (Miracle Drug, Vertigo, Blinding Lights), one is really the first time U2 has played it (Miss Sarajevo), so if the band decides they want to have half the CD be old favorites and half be new classics, I'm fine with that.

No pleasing some people.

Back
Top Bottom