U2.com & McGuinness CONFIRM the band is recording!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

first Elvis's news, and now this! Oh, HAPPY day!!!!

biggrin.gif

from www.u2.com:

U2 Recording, Possible Release 2002

U2's manager Paul McGuinness issued a short statement today,
revealing that the band are in the studio and working on new
material.

"U2 would like to clarify that, contrary to certain speculation in
the press, they will be neither touring Europe this summer, nor
splitting up," said the statement. "Instead, they are spending time
in the studio working on new material for a possible release
later this year."

That's all for now, more as we get it.

Originally posted by *Ally*:
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

first Elvis's news, and now this! Oh, HAPPY day!!!!

biggrin.gif

from www.u2.com:

material.

later this year."

That's all for now, more as we get it.

*faints*

I'm glad they finally said something.

Today has been a good day indeed.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Later this year? I doubt it. My guess is we'll be lucky if there's a new album out a year from now. But who knows. It is great news!

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Later this year? I doubt it. My guess is we'll be lucky if there's a new album out a year from now. But who knows. It is great news!

I definitely doubt it'll be this year, with the release of the next Best Of and all. However, it seems to definitely going well and I place my bets on next summer/fall.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

My cousin's uncle makes all of The Edge's furniture for him, and is in contact with The Edge on almost a daily basis. The Edge told him recently that he wouldn't be going to Los Angeles anytime soon, because they are recording the new album in Dublin. I was thrilled last week to hear this news.

Chris

I LOVE IT! Take THAT all the rumours about them "splitting up".
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

*does the new U2 music dance of joy*

p.s. Chris, does your cousin's uncle need any help around the shop? I could, umm, do all the secretarial work. Y'know, handle all the *ahem* phone calls and such!
wink.gif

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
My cousin's uncle makes all of The Edge's furniture for him, and is in contact with The Edge on almost a daily basis. The Edge told him recently that he wouldn't be going to Los Angeles anytime soon, because they are recording the new album in Dublin. I was thrilled last week to hear this news.

Chris

Hi Chris!!! So glad to see you around again- you've been quiet lately!
smile.gif

anyway great news, good good. yay u2 record away and be happy with families.
smile.gif

------------------
Words tangled in her hair.. words soon to disappear

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

Then there might still be a tour!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Is this a good day or what?

------------------
"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked about the airplanes in the videos, and the airport pics on ATYCLB)

"Not just any band...the best band on the planet." - Bono

"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge about playing live

"There's still stuff left for us to do, and that's why we still do it." - Larry, 1998

The band have made a very smart decision and are doing what Larry said they would do right after the end of the Elevation tour. Larry said that on MTV for the premier of the Beautiful Day video back in September 2000.
They had recorded and worked on a lot of material that they did not put on ATYCLB. Wrote over 100 songs. I'd say the album will be released in November 2002 with May 2003 being the latest date. I predict a worldwide Stadium tour in 2003, but smaller and not as long as POPMART.

I knew that our boys wouldn't let us down!! I am grinning like an idiot. I don't care if it is later this year, or early next year. U2 is not splitting up, and they are busy in the studio working on a new album!! Woo Hoo!! I am sure that a world tour will follow......

*Grins madly*
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

material.

later this year."

It's possible that just refers to the two new singles off the Best Of isn't it? The statement doesn't really say anything about a new album. For all we know they could just be working on the Gangs of New York song as well as a reworked bside.

I hope to hell I'm being overly pessimistic and that I'm wrong.

C'mon new album...

------------------
And I felt like a star...

I am suprised that people here cannot see that Paul is talking about the 2 new tracks that are going to be included in the new Best of 1990-2000 package. A single will be released before this release and a single will be released in the new year shortly after the Best of 1990-2000's release. Both tracks will on this album.

This is how I understood Paul's statement. He is referring to the Best of album that has been rumoured for months now.

------------------
"Pull the trigger on a rock n' roll ****** bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker!" -Bono, Bullet the Blue Sky.

Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
It's possible that just refers to the two new singles off the Best Of isn't it? The statement doesn't really say anything about a new album. For all we know they could just be working on the Gangs of New York song as well as a reworked bside.

I hope to hell I'm being overly pessimistic and that I'm wrong.

C'mon new album...

I'm curious as well. If U2 puts out a Best Of in Oct/Nov, with 2 new singles on it, how long until the next full studio album? Oct/Nov. 2003? I'm kind of hoping for only one new tune on the Best Of & a full length album in Spring/Summer 2003...

"U2...contrary to certain speculation in
the press...will be neither touring Europe this summer, nor splitting up,"

I didn't know there was speculation they were going to split up! I check youtwo.net news everyday, and it's the first I heard of this. Did I miss something? Where did you all hear of this?

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
My cousin's uncle makes all of The Edge's furniture for him

eek.gif
I'm quitting my job soon and I will be unemployed....I'm good with wood...pine, mahogany, and the like
tongue.gif

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Originally posted by Seconds:
I didn't know there was speculation they were going to split up! I check youtwo.net news everyday, and it's the first I heard of this. Did I miss something? Where did you all hear of this?

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/018492.html

------------------

Seconds, its in reference to speculation over Adam not appearing at various things, prop ending and the announcement of no European summer all at once. People just got a bit concerned thats all.

This is unreal news. Finally U2,com is good for something
biggrin.gif

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
hehe well, i just announced that Europe are not having summer!
Sorry guys!!!

------------------

They have been in and out of the studio since the end of the tour. Even with Bono burning the candle at both ends, it would be possible for them to have a new album out this year.
Besides they have tons of songs that didn't make it on ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom