u2 cliche's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2? Isn't that the band from the 80's?

Why doesn't Bono give his millions to the poor and needy?

Ah, U2! I though they'd split up!

The Hedge?

U2? Isn't their lead singer called Joshua something?

U2? Aren't they that American band?

Yep! I've heard and seen all the above! Mostly from family and friends :sad:

Lemonfix said:
First sentence in review in local paper.

U2 fans found what they were looking for last night at [insert arena's name here]
LOL so true.
they use that song title almost everywhere ;]

U2mixer said:
Why doesn't Bono give his millions to the poor and needy?

Yes, I've heard that before, too. What I'd like to know is, what makes the asker so sure whether Bono gives his money to charity or not? Do they have access to his accounting books? :eyebrow:

Never assume anything about anyone. Remember, when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME! :wink:

The last one I heard about Bono from some friends of mine was: "Bono got associated into an extreme-right-wing party (almost a dictatorial thing), and with its speaches he wants to manipulate people":lmao: :censored:

How about this one:

"Hey guys, look at my funny, original and superdy-duperdy witty U2 setlist!!1!1!!1

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Vertigo
4. Vertigo
5. Vertigo
6. Vertigo
7. Vertigo
8. Vertigo
9. Vertigo
10. Vertigo
11. Vertigo
12. Pride (In the Name of Love)
13. Vertigo
14. Vertigo
15. Vertigo
16. Vertigo
17. Vertigo
18. Vertigo
19. Vertigo
20. One
21. Vertigo
22. VERTIGO X2!!!1!!!$5
OMGZLOLLMFAO!!1! AINT IT FUNNY!!?! I MEAN COME ON LOOK AT ALL DA VERTIGOS!!11 CAUSE U2 PLAY VERTIGO 19 TIMES EVERY SHOW VERTIGO VERTIGO VERTGIOX2X2X2X2X2X2X2XLOLZ!"

Yeah, ok, we get it. Two Vertigos sucks. But we're all over it. You aren't funny. Stop posting this joke setlist, you aren't clever. Fuck off and die.

Lancemc said:
How about this one:

"Hey guys, look at my funny, original and superdy-duperdy witty U2 setlist!!1!1!!1

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Vertigo
4. Vertigo
5. Vertigo
6. Vertigo
7. Vertigo
8. Vertigo
9. Vertigo
10. Vertigo
11. Vertigo
12. Pride (In the Name of Love)
13. Vertigo
14. Vertigo
15. Vertigo
16. Vertigo
17. Vertigo
18. Vertigo
19. Vertigo
20. One
21. Vertigo
22. VERTIGO X2!!!1!!!$5
OMGZLOLLMFAO!!1! AINT IT FUNNY!!?! I MEAN COME ON LOOK AT ALL DA VERTIGOS!!11 CAUSE U2 PLAY VERTIGO 19 TIMES EVERY SHOW VERTIGO VERTIGO VERTGIOX2X2X2X2X2X2X2XLOLZ!"

Yeah, ok, we get it. Two Vertigos sucks. But we're all over it. You aren't funny. Stop posting this joke setlist, you aren't clever. Fuck off and die.

i much prefer the setlist where u2 start with vertigo :|

Aygo said:
The last one I heard about Bono from some friends of mine was: "Bono got associated into an extreme-right-wing party (almost a dictatorial thing), and with its speaches he wants to manipulate people":lmao: :censored:

I doubt this is true. Bono doesn't dress well enough to be a facist. :wink:

Sue DeNym said:

Yes, I've heard that before, too. What I'd like to know is, what makes the asker so sure whether Bono gives his money to charity or not? Do they have access to his accounting books? :eyebrow:

Never assume anything about anyone. Remember, when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME! :wink:

Well, he does drive a lamborgini. I believe to have the oil changed on that car; and I kid you not, is like $6000 american. he's obviously keeping enough for himself.

Guy at work said to me: “Hey, isn’t U2 associated with the world ticket scalping scandal? You and all their fans should boycott their concerts.”

A workmate of my wife’s: “You guys are going see U2 four times this tour? Wow, I didn’t know people your age were into that?”
(note: I was 20 when Boy was released, sorry).

Girl at an after work party: “I love Thai food!” (no, she actually said that)
Me: (joking): “You are so 80’s”
Girl: (not joking and all defensive) “Hey, you like that U2 band. Totally 80’s, move on”

Same guy to my wife: “You bought Oasis tickets? Wow, I didn’t know you guys were into New bands?”

As for the last comment: Oasis have been around 14 years, damn pathetic when 21 year old thinks a band of 14 years is new! And for the rest of us, it’s 2006, and U2 are still dominating the decades, 80’s as well – totally Aughts! At least I am told Aughts is what this decade is called.

Back
Top Bottom