U2 Christmas songs ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliR

The Fly
Please excuse if this is the wrong forum, or it's already been asked a million times, if so just point me in the right direction :)

Where can I find U2 recording of Christmas songs? Are there even any?? Other than that one that the all-christmas-song-all-time-station doesn't play near often enough ;)

I'm a little ashamed that I don't know more about this :p

TIA!
Ali

These are perhaps not exactly Christmas songs all of them but here's a few that I think fits with this time of year:

Christmas:
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Do They Know It's Christmas (1984, 2004)
If God Will Send His Angels
Peace On Earth
Angel Of Harlem
New Years Day
Driving To Midnight Mass On Christmas Eve (Poem read by Bono from the early 80's)
Neon Lights (B-side, Vertigo Single)
City Of Blinding Lights
And possibly A Sort Of Homecoming as well.

Then there's Time Enough For Tears which Bono helped writing.

sweetie said:
I say year after year that there should be a U2 Christmas album. Bono's vocals on O Holy Night:drool:

*gasp* talk about spirit! ..that soulful voice -definitely. Altho I think only plebans would buy it and the rest would burn it in their fireplaces!!

sweetie said:
I say year after year that there should be a U2 Christmas album. Bono's vocals on O Holy Night:drool:

My favorite christmas song, I would die if he sang that. I heard Baby Please Come Home yesterday at Old Navy. It made me smile. :wink:

sweetie said:

Since it contains the line "Fall on your knees", I'm sure Bono will be delighted to sing that. :wink:

But seriously, I don't see them doing any Christmas songs, it's just not their style.

I do have a live clip of them sing White Christmas from some concert. I have no idea the date or the location. I love CB(PCH). I wish they would do more songs, even though they probably wouldn't. They could just donate it all to charity for all I care but can you imagine them doing Do you hear what I hear? :drool:

The Acoustic Christmas Album:
1) The First Noel
2) I'll Be Home for Christmas
3) Happy Christmas - War is Over
4) O Holy Night
5) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
6) I Believe in Father Christmas
7) Adeste Fidelis
8) Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
9) We Three Kings
10) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
11) Ave Maria
12) Do You Hear What I Hear?
13) Christmas in Killarney :laugh:

What do you guys think??? :drool: or :sick: ?

Last edited:
mediaman44 said:
I do have a live clip of them sing White Christmas from some concert. I have no idea the date or the location.

16 December 1989, Dortmund. It opened the encore.

There's also a live Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) from 20 December 1987, Tempe.

This isn't a song, but it's a great clip of a young Bono reciting "Driving to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve" with some War-ish music in the background. It's from Dublin Radio, 1983-12-31.

Enjoy!
http://www.mega upload.com/?d=TJOVVG91

(remove the space)

Last edited:
Axver said:

16 December 1989, Dortmund. It opened the encore.

There's also a live Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) from 20 December 1987, Tempe.

Thanks Axver. Now I know.

They also did a great version of John Lennon's Merry Xmas(War is Over) on the Gay Byrne show, Ireland 1988.

Shame the quality of the footage is piss poor on youtube for Merry Xmas (War is Over).
Are there any good quality Mp3's of this on the go?

BluRmGrl said:
The Acoustic Christmas Album:
1) The First Noel
2) I'll Be Home for Christmas
3) Happy Christmas - War is Over
4) O Holy Night
5) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
6) I Believe in Father Christmas
7) Adeste Fidelis
8) Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
9) We Three Kings
10) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
11) Ave Maria
12) Do You Hear What I Hear?
13) Christmas in Killarney :laugh:

What do you guys think??? :drool: or :sick: ?

I'll buy it! I'd love to! How about Bono reciting 'Twas the Night Before Christmas? :drool:

I love the Midnight Mass recitation.

I remember buying a bootleg of a Joshua Tree show (on cassette!) back in the day, and this poem was also included. It was so mysterious because I had no idea of the context of the thing, but it's great. Nice recording.

Thanks for including that link for the Midnight Mass clip.

Funny how it's labeled as Young Bono. Sounds like a rap guy - Young Jeezy or something!

Back
Top Bottom