U2 can't please everybody all of the time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salome said:
well, I'm quite sure u2girl didn't mean that everyone who doesn't like ATYCLB fits the description, but from what I've read on this forum over the past few years I'd say here description works pretty well as a general rule

especially for those who treat ATYCLB as the leper in the u2 collection

You speak the truth from experience:up:

It's like that and like J said. It does look like a certain faction of fans who really got into POP hate ATYCLB like a person would hate the team that beat theirs in the Super Bowl, the guy who got the cushy job they applied for, or the person who married your old flame. You hate them because they were more successful and it pisses you off, not because they really aren't any good.

Jick, didn't a lot of fans from the 80's have a problem with AB when it came out?

And Blacksword, Salome is right. What I wrote was my impression and I didn't mean for it to apply to all ATYCLB non-likers. I don't mind people saying eloqently why they don't like it like you did - I just don't like it if it's "this album is crap" kind of attitude.

U2girl said:
Jick, didn't a lot of fans from the 80's have a problem with AB when it came out?

And Blacksword, Salome is right. What I wrote was my impression and I didn't mean for it to apply to all ATYCLB non-likers. I don't mind people saying eloqently why they don't like it like you did - I just don't like it if it's "this album is crap" kind of attitude.

Yeah sure when it came out. But what about now? Find me a fan who dislikes Achtung so badly...

Cheers,

J

AdamsMango said:
who cares? No one can please everyone. U2 is a band, not gods (as much as it pains me to say that!). Of course they are not going to please everyone. All they can do is make the music that is in their hearts. That is all I want.

Right! That's what this thread is all about:)

"especially for those who treat ATYCLB as the leper in the u2 collection"

Really? I figured October was treated as the leper.

It's my #4 U2 album, but over the couple of years I've been at different U2 forums, I found this high of a ranking to be rare. I don't know, something about its rawness I think, improvised even, really appeals to me. (oh and Adam and Larry's near solos on a few tracks.)

I'm sure there's Beatles fans who don't love every album they put out, so why would U2 be any different.

thrillme said:
Really? I figured October was treated as the leper.
hmm, you might be right
people in general just don't talk about October

that would make ATYCLB U2's anti-christ album though

:D

Salome said:
hmm, you might be right
people in general just don't talk about October

that would make ATYCLB U2's anti-christ album though

:D

But usually only to those who hate it because they loved the album others think is the leper and people are afraid to talk about, you know, the "P" word? ;)

Back
Top Bottom