U2 Boxset - Help a guy with his graphics coursework...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, our project is to design a product for public [using research etc...which I've already researched over a year go from you guys] and I have finally settled down to finishing what is now a 7-box SERIES which is as follows.

"Special Editions" (double disc boxes expanded with B-sides)
-Unforgettable Fire
-Joshua Tree
-Achtung Baby

Others

-Live at Red Rocks - Complete Show (two discs)
-Stories for Boys - Early singles and Demo Recordings 1978-1980
-Salomé - Acthung Baby Demos (salomé sessions whittled down to one disc of the 'CREAM' of the three disc edition)

I am currently stuck for various things...

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH...

-I need some REALLY good quality images (full band) that relate to ANY OF THE CD BOXES ABOVE. That don't go above 500X500 pixels (MAX!!!!)

-I would like some suggestions for tracklistings with the first three 'special editions' [although I have a tracklisting for each of them, just hoping for a bit of public opinion to see if I should change them] you must use ONLY the original album tracks and ALL B-sides from the singles released from each album [excluding remixes and POSSIBLY covers but put covers in anyway and I'll see how necessary they are]...

-Finally, are some kind folk able to 'hook me up' with every "Joshua Tree" and "Achtung Baby" B-side (excluding remixes??) since my computer has been formatted since starting the project rather unfortunately meaning I have nothing to put on the discs where JT and AB are concerned!!! :(

I'll post the picture of the 'test' box I currently have for 'The Unforgettable Fire' in a bit...

cheers.

Last edited:
The Joshua Tree should be:

Beautiful Ghost
Where The Streets Have No Name
Silver And Gold
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Spanish Eyes
With Or Without You
Luminous Times
Walk To The Water
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
Race Against Time
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
The Sweetest Thing
One Tree Hill
Deep In The Heart
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared.

Here's my expanded UF:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Boomerang I
6. Boomerang II
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. Bass Trap
11. Promenade
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Promenade
14. 4th Of July
15. Bad
16. MLK
17. The Three Sunrises

However, it is designed to loop back to the start, and the repetition of Promenade would be inappropriate for your purposes. So I'd slightly change things as follows:

1. The Three Sunrises
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. Pride
4. Wire
5. Indian Summer Sky
6. Boomerang I
7. Boomerang II
8. Love Comes Tumbling
9. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
10. Elvis Presley And America
11. Bass Trap
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Promenade
14. 4th Of July
15. Bad
16. MLK

I also have an expanded Joshua Tree, but some of the stuff included here isn't even from b-sides, but from songs recorded/soundchecked around that time:

1. Beautiful Ghost
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. With Or Without You
5. Luminous Times
6. Walk To The Water
7. Red Hill Mining Town
8. Race Against Time
9. Deep In The Heart
10. In God's Country
11. Trip Through Your Wires
12. Womanfish
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Running To Stand Still
15. One Tree Hill
16. Exit
17. Silver And Gold
18. Move Out
19. Spanish Eyes
20. The Sweetest Thing
21. She's A Mystery To Me
22. Wild Irish Rose
23. My Time Hasn't Come
24. Mothers Of The Disappeared

If you want, I could clean that up to a listing containing just album songs/b-sides.

Achtung Baby

abbandcolor2smaller.jpg

ABbandsmaller.jpg

Joshua Tree

JTcolorsmaller.jpg

JTband6smaller.jpg

I don't really have any good UF band pictures, though.

Achtung
----------
Zoo Station
Acrobat
Until the End of the World
Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix)
So Cruel
One
Love is Blindness
Can't Help Falling in Love (Triple Peaks Mix)
Alex Descends to Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
The Fly
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Billy Boola (w/ Gavin Friday)
Mysterious Ways
Salome
Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World
UltraViolet (Light My Way)
Lady with the Spinning Head
Where Did it All Go Wrong?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Achtung
----------
Zoo Station
Acrobat
Until the End of the World
Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix)
So Cruel
One
Love is Blindness
Can't Help Falling in Love (Triple Peaks Mix)
Alex Descends to Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
The Fly
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Billy Boola (w/ Gavin Friday)
Mysterious Ways
Salome
Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World
UltraViolet (Light My Way)
Lady with the Spinning Head
Where Did it All Go Wrong?

Either you and I think ridiculously the same, or that is my Expanded Achtung with the addition of Can't Help Falling In Love and Billy Boola.

sorry to bump the thread again, I'm done with my Joshua Tree tracklisting, just wondering if it would cause public OUTCRY to keep it like this...??

DISC ONE-
1. Beautiful Ghost [possibility, not certain yet]
2. Where the Streets Have No Name
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4. With or Without You
5. Walk to the Water
6. Trip Through Your Wires
7. Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
8. Race Against Time
9. Red Hill Mining Town

DISC TWO-
1. In God's Country
2. Spanish Eyes
3. Sweetest Thing
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Running to Stand Still
6. One Tree Hill
7. Deep in the Heart
8. Exit
9. Silver and Gold
10. Mothers of the Disappeared

WHY THE TRACKLISTING'S LIKE THIS AND NOT LIKE YOURS - lengthy but I think it's necessary...

Disc one keeps the 'holy trinity' [as it's been called] of 'Streets', 'Still Haven't Found' and 'With or With or Without You' intact, followed by 'Walk to the Water' to sort of take the whole mood of it down a bit, I think it's a nice balance with disc one's last four tracks, especially 'Race Against Time' to 'Red Hill Mining Town' which I think closes the first disc in a sort of trough-to-peak mood if you see what I mean...

Rather than have 'Spanish Eyes' open disc two as I've always had it on my winamp playlist in the past [i'm on iTunes now, heh...] I decided to have 'In God's Country' simply because I think that's where it belongs, opening either Side or Disc Two and I think it does a very good job being a sort of surrogate 'Streets' in the way it opens it all with a bang!

'Spanish Eyes' is there simply because of the intro not really fitting anywhere else in the album in my opinion, especially nowhere near the middle and it's not the right mood to go near the end! I was cycling today and had 'Exit' in my head and I realised it actually goes into 'Silver and Gold' extremely well in terms of pace and key [obviously] but where 'Exit' was the penultimate thump in the stomach on the Joshua Tree, I think 'Silver and Gold' is a good choice to go after it before 'Mothers' closes the album, you really can't beat that guitar solo on the fade out to finally dust things off...

Thanks if you took the time to read that, if you did well done, maybe you'll understand why the tracklisting is as it is! :D

Last edited:
Blahblahblah, the only thing I would change is the placement of Deep In The Heart. It's a shame the 'suite of death' of OTH, Exit, and Mothers can't be kept together (but Silver And Gold follows Exit PERFECTLY, I agree), but I don't think it should be split even more. I also don't like Sweetest Thing --> Bullet, which is why I suggest moving Deep In The Heart to come between Sweetest Thing and Bullet.

What do you think?

I thought it might not. It's not the interference server, it's the AOL server, I tried to upload to the e-mail directly. Tell ya what, I'm gonna YSI it and send you the link through e-mail.

Oh, btw, this is my alt. AB

1.Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk
2.Zoo Station
3.Acrobat
4.The Fly
5.Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
6.Mysterious Ways
7.Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
8.Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9.Salome
10.So Cruel
11.Even Better Than The Real Thing
12.One
13.Until The End Of The World
14.Where Did It All Go Wrong
15.Take You Down(From the Salome Outtakes, because I like it better than LWTSH)
16.Love Is Blindness

My alt. UF

1.The Three Sunrises
2.Pride(In The Name Of Love)
3.Wire
4.A Sort Of Homecoming
5.Indian Summer Sky
6.The Unforgettable Fire
7.Promenade
8.4th Of July
9.Bad
10.Bass Trap
11.Love Comes Tumbling
12.Elvis Presley And America

Last edited:
Axver said:
Blahblahblah, the only thing I would change is the placement of Deep In The Heart. It's a shame the 'suite of death' of OTH, Exit, and Mothers can't be kept together (but Silver And Gold follows Exit PERFECTLY, I agree), but I don't think it should be split even more. I also don't like Sweetest Thing --> Bullet, which is why I suggest moving Deep In The Heart to come between Sweetest Thing and Bullet.

What do you think?

christ that actually works!!:ohmy:

Axver said:

Either you and I think ridiculously the same, or that is my Expanded Achtung with the addition of Can't Help Falling In Love and Billy Boola.

Hey, I'm sry Ax, I had it on my comp saved from an old thread about U2 Redux stuff. Urs was a damn good playlist tho

UPDATE - I managed to finish two years work in three days on top of the few nights I'd spent pulling 'all-nighters' to finish all my designs, spending the evenings behind in school two hours a night with my teacher and getting a lift home each night listening to reggae and ska in his car! Bloody fantastic!

Two or three boxes were fully completed and I think they were the Unforgettable Fire and Early Demo sets, the rest were simply printed and slotted in my folder to show the prints and what were to be used as nets!

If I get the work back I'll show you what it looked like, they looked alright, I can actually upload the designs for boxes since I still have them on the computer, so I'll put them up later...the one's I'm proud of, anyway...

Last edited:
Blah, what's your tracklisting for the Salome outtakes disc?

Axver, I see you have She's a Mystery to Me on your expanded Joshua Tree. Where did that come from? Soundcheck or recording? I wasn't aware of any studio recording of that song (other than Orbison's).

Back
Top Bottom