U2 B-listed on Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
According to the Radio One website in the UK U2's Vertigo has been B-listed. This is very postive as most new releases enter the airplay charts C-listed before being played more has the release date gets closer and being promoted to an higher list. U2 have the only new song to be B-listed whilst new entries by the likes of Britney Spears, R Kelly, Travis and Daniel Bedingfield all enter on a C-list. I think within a couple of weeks, as the video goes to air, U2 will more than likely be a-listed (which i think equals at least 40 plays per week).

To get A-listed on a young persons music channel such as Radio 1 is a hell of an achievement for a group of U2's age. Rem (leaving New York) are not even on any of the playlists for Radio 1, it just goes to show U2 are the number 1 Rock band in the world and still as important to music as they were 20 years ago. Having said this, the most of the music they play on Radio 1 is CRAP and I never listen to it, but I may just tune now U2 are on their playlist YET again!

Back
Top Bottom