U2 At The Oscars - Post Your Thoughts Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popmartijn said:
Am I then the only one who likes Lose Yourself? I think it's a great and catchy track and does deserve an Oscar.

Marty

(who might even consider Lose Yourself better than THTBA - blasphemy!)

No you're not...I like some Eminem songs and I particualrly like Lose Yourself as it uses a rock sounding guitar with hard backbeat for a really infectious sound. And the song is actually about the fear of performing. So no, its not a U2 song, but just maybe, as a song from a movie, it was the right choice for Oscar.

Sure U2 DESERVES an Oscar, but for this song? For this movie? Yeah maybe but I dont think Eminem is that out of reach either. I would have been pissed if the Chicago song had won, its not even in the movie!!!!

I think "Lose Yourself" is a much better song than "Hands That Built America" and deserved to win.

Not that I give a rat's ass about any awards...

what the fuck is eminem going to do with an oscar? my guess is that he'll dress it up like dr dre and stick it up his ass. fuck this the "academy" screwed over u2 who actually wanted to win the award and respectfully deserved to win. hell they even play thier own music they dont fucking sing along with some music which is probably created on a damn computer.

sue4u2 said:
Saw a video of it and these are the changed lyrics:
Late in the spring
Yellow cloud on a desert skyline
Some Fathers Son
Is it his or is it mine....:heart:

And I thought it was "Later" = once again after September11?..

joyfulgirl said:

Maybe it was intentional. Many artists sing along to backgroud tapes to enhance the overall sound and don't try to pretend they are actually singing.

edit: I mean, they don't try to pretend that they are are not singing without the tape. They're not trying to 'fool' you, in other words.

It didn't look intentional to me though. It looked like he was trying his hardest to be convincing, but he slipped up for a second.

Watch it on a large screen TV a couple of times and you'll see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom