U2 at Super Bowl with Village People, Michael Jackson, others...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U24me

The Fly
This just off the presses at U2.com..."U2 has agreed to play 'Discotheque' at the Super bowl this year, and as a testament to their sense of humor, will actually be joined on stage with the Village People...an apparent nod to the video." In another surprise, sources close to the band confirm that "U2 will launch into 'Bad' after 'Discotheque', but during the bridge, the band members will leave the stage, save for Bono, and then the song will transition into Michael Jackson's 'Bad', just as he joins the U2 frontman on stage".

Manager Paul McGuinness weighed in on the issue yesterday evening speaking with a reporter in France..."They are going to get a lot of criticism for playing the Super Bowl in certain circles, so they figured, why not just completely blow everyone's mind? There is a whole lot of irony in U2 collaborating with the Village People and Michael Jackson, as both have been the subject of U2 videos and lyrics during the POP era, and not in a complimentary way."

Personally, I liked the Elevation/Streets idea much better. This sounds like it was dreamed up just for Salome.

I will be watching the playmates.

Don't forget about the dance number with Bono and Britney...and the duet!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Britney and Bono in a duet? There is no mention of that. Now you are being ridiculous.

Then Larry and SNL's Mango are going to perform "Oops, I Did It Again"!!!

Then Jimi Hendrix and Edge are gonna have a guitar battle!!!!

And then the New Kids on the Block Reunion Spectacular!!!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,

Oh no, we gotta keep Mango away from Larry!!!!
eek.gif

OMG! An NKOTB Reunion Spectacular! YEAH! I'm telling you right now, people, NKOTB will prove once and for all who the best boy band is. Woohoo! Yuo got the right stuff, Bono...

Careful or I will make another poem for you where I bash myself as I show you the sunset over the canyon

Originally posted by z edge:
Careful or I will make another poem for you where I bash myself as I show you the sunset over the canyon

Poem, poem, I want another poem!
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Poem, poem, I want another poem!
smile.gif

I need the ephipany, so you must wait for my drink to take effect. I will however drink The Wanderer under the table

Originally posted by z edge:
I need the ephipany, so you must wait for my drink to take effect. I will however drink The Wanderer under the table

I'd put money on ya!

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'd put money on ya!

Well my peer, the esteemed mr. The Wanderer looks a tough breed when I spied his photo, yet he also looks the part of a thinker in another photo who would not risk losing the brain cells it would take to best my non-giving-a shit(e) moronic drunkard self.

I RULE as USUAL

You know maybe this isn't so bad. U2 are always taken so seriously mabe if they show a lighter side at the Super Bowl taking it for what it is a half time show it will be ok. It is funny to me I think at least in America people will like the Village People. The Village People are still very popular in the states. Jackson is Jackson and U2's Bad is a wonderful song I think people will get it. That is if it is true.

It's true. It's already been on ESPN twice tonight. Do you really think people will get it? I am worried about this one.

Bill Clinton is supposed to join them for the show-supposedly to play the saxaphone.

OK, you must be putting us on, unless I'm extremely gullible (probably the case). But I can't find a damn thing on U2.com (it's so poorly designed -- yeah, I've ranted about this before).

P.S.: Ignore my new signature; I just changed it, and don't know if it worked ok or not...

------------------
"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono

U2-UABRS1.jpg
http://U2BloodRedSky.com

Back
Top Bottom