U2 article in The Onion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:laugh:

they're funny the onion people are.

I'm sure they respect bono's efforts though.

Am I the only one who thought the headline was funnier than the actual article?

I miss the old, funnier Onion. :sad:

corianderstem said:

yeah, the article didn't seem to have much humor... except for Larry's quote... but that's just because i could totally hear Larry saying something like that... :lol:

corianderstem said:

Yeah, that shit wasn't terribly funny.

ultravioletluvv said:

yeah, the article didn't seem to have much humor... except for Larry's quote... but that's just because i could totally hear Larry saying something like that... :lol:

I dunno,

Even starving Africans can keep up a good beat.

It's satire, hcbiggs2002. The Onion is known for doing fake news.

Unfortunately, it's a one-joke article, and the joke is in the headline.

That is hilarious. Great line at the end. I mean, who among us hasn't wondered about that same thing about the rest of the band when Bono is proselytizing.

deltau922 said:
That is hilarious. Great line at the end. I mean, who among us hasn't wondered about that same thing about the rest of the band when Bono is proselytizing.

Not much to wonder about though, I've read quotes from all 3 supporting Bono's work.

News articles say the other band members were furious over him meeting with U.S. Republicans, but they never identify which, but I'm guessing Edge and/or Larry.

Adam was the most optimistic/positive in his comments.

++++++

I mean, I know this is meant to be satirical, but isn't satire a lot of the time, a glimpse of the truth or some perceived truth?

I suppose it's funnier to say, yeah the other guys could care less, the truth isn't as funny I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom