U2 Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolf Q

The Fly
I'm sure some of you have drawn or painted something U2 related before. I draw pet portraits, I really do not enjoy drawing people as I'm not very good at it...but when occasionally I've had to draw humans (for school or whatever) I've chosen to draw U2.

Anyway, I thought it would be neat to see some U2 related art drawn by fans. :)

Here's some of mine (I haven't posted pics here before, forgive me if I screw it up :slant: )

This was an assignment I had last semester in college. We had to paint on cardboard using only white acrylic paint. It also had to be a recognizable person. The teacher and the majority of the class actually knew who it was right away, I was surprised!
Bono2.jpg

The rest of these were done at least 2-6 years ago...when I was in Jr. High and High School.
Bono.jpg

TheEdge.jpg

I was going to do one of Adam and Larry like this but I never ended up finishing them...
TheJoshuaTreepen.jpg

U2pencil.jpg

Here's a link to some more of my drawings, there are no more U2 related ones though, mostly pets. :) http://photobucket.com/albums/v14/wolf_Q/

Last edited:
:up: very nice, I liked it

today I was working in an illustration in watercolor for school, with U2 in there... for now I can't find my old U2 draws

Last edited:
Wolf Q, those are amazing! :up: I wish I were that talented.

By the way, I checked out some of your other work, and it's great. :) Love the photos of your dogs as well!

I love these!!

I have a multi-media piece I did of Bono from midwaist up....and where his heart would be there is a silouhette of Africa.... I don't have any pics though...I can show you the pic it was based off of though...

wolf Q, those are fuckin AMAZING!!! you did those in jr. high and high school?! I feel untalented now, lol... I especially LOVE that one of Edge with the red tint. amazing. and the Bono tinted one too... you say you're not good at drawing people? bullocks! that JT landscape is hella nice too...I'm doing my own version of that for a watercolour assignment now :D

Jack in the Box, those are really awesome too... is that ink or what? I love 'em, especially the second one...very bold. I'm seriously diggin' that style.

I draw U2 all the bloody time. I've been doodling Bono anime-style since 7th grade :D I recently did a painting of him for a free-choice assignment in art...I'm not very happy with it though, I'm not great with acrylics and the background is way too dark...I may scan it tomorrow or something though. Like I said before, I'm now doing this landscape assignment where we have to paint two identical paintings with watercolour, cut them into strips, and weave them together. I decided to do a slightly simplified version of the back of the JT booklet, but my teacher wouldn't let me paint it in black and white so I'm going to attempt a reddish tint.

What I really want to do for a project is something like the iPod commercials. I'd paint the background solidly one colour and then draw a member of the band on there with ink. I think it'd look pretty fookin' awesome if I could do it right :p

Wow, nice work Wolf!! :up: You have got some real talent there. I would love to see some of your pet artwork :)

My fiance drew a couple.. he also did a portrait of myself which is on my website, and he did one of my cat too :)

larrydrawing.jpg

bonodrawing.jpg

AtomicBono said:

Jack in the Box, those are really awesome too... is that ink or what? I love 'em, especially the second one...very bold. I'm seriously diggin' that style.

I made it with Chartpak... I love Chartpak :drool:

those are great digsy! monochrome paints are always great, "less is more" I took that philosophy for my designs

:up:

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sicy, here's a link to view some of my pet drawings http://photobucket.com/albums/v14/wolf_Q/

I've really enjoyed all of the drawings/paintings posted, lets see more!

My friend and I did an "artwork exchange"...she's a No Doubt fan so I drew Gwen for her and she did a painting of Bono for me. I'll scan it soon, it's very nice. :)

Sicy said:
Wow, nice work Wolf!! :up: You have got some real talent there. I would love to see some of your pet artwork :)

I just noticed Wolf Q's avatar- check it out...awesome :yes:

...reminds me of something an artist friend of mine told me once- 'everywhere you look there's art'

Back
Top Bottom