U2 are recording abroad from April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just so you all know, they're coming to record here in my house. The forty foot lemon is in my backyard, after all.

Michael Griffiths said:
I heard a rumour that U2 have been convinced by REM - who have been recording their new album in Vancouver, BC - to come and join them! But I'm in New Delhi now, so it's a bit of a moot point for me. :shrug:

Hey that just can't be true because if it is i'll have a heart attack !!! Seriously i'd be hang'in around the studio everyday and i'm sure you'd be coming there too, heh heh. :D Lot's of big bands have recorded here so it's not out of the question, I only wish.

they are in BERLIN, tryin' to get back the magic:
check out the link: http://meistersaal.de

check out the "Galerie" section. this is the former legendary studio 1 of HANSA where they got their things together then...for their best album to date...

EvolutionMonkey said:

Hey that just can't be true because if it is i'll have a heart attack !!! Seriously i'd be hang'in around the studio everyday and i'm sure you'd be coming there too, heh heh. :D Lot's of big bands have recorded here so it's not out of the question, I only wish.
hahaha! Well, it is true that REM have been recording their new album in Vancouver off and on over the past year or two, but as for the rumour of U2 coming to record in Van at the persuasion of Michael Stipe et al...I'd chalk it up to B.S....at least for now!

Where on earth have you've heard such rumors such as REM & U2 recording together? I couldn't find that rumor anywhere but here!

Not that an REM/U2 song would absolutly never happen, but it just seems like people are grasping at straws now.

lets get back to what this thread is about....recording in april. Do you think that's a good thing? (album moving forwad) or is it another delay in its release? I still think the album will be out in October, with a single in July, like ATYCLB, anyone else??

I feel pretty confident that it will be out around October. I mean that's a long time away and they got most of it done from many accounts, so yeah Oct and a single in the summer. :yes:

ZigZag said:
Where on earth have you've heard such rumors such as REM & U2 recording together? I couldn't find that rumor anywhere but here!

Not that an REM/U2 song would absolutly never happen, but it just seems like people are grasping at straws now.

Haha that's probably how rumours start from misunderstanding, if you look at Michael Griffiths post he was just being tongue and cheek, i'm pretty sure REM finished recording their album awhile ago anyways and have split the city. Most celebrities who are here for movies and such don't even like it here much, i've seen countless celebs say how cold it is or how much it rains and how there's no vibe or whatever. :shrug: but I love it here just fine, it's nice and tranquil. ;)

Thanks for the info, cos I was thinking about taking a trip to Dublin sometime in April but I doubt I will now..

cheers x

Back
Top Bottom