U2 are not the Beatles-cut it out already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is ridiculous. The abbey pics and the rooftop video are nothing but tribute, bands have been paying tribute to their inspirations since day one.

And the god-like untouchable status given to the beatles is ridiculous as well.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
This thread is ridiculous. The abbey pics and the rooftop video are nothing but tribute, bands have been paying tribute to their inspirations since day one.

:bow::bow::bow:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

My thoughts exactly.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Frankly, I completely disagree with you. U2 are in better than the Beatles in my opinion. The Beatles were revolutionary for their time in all that, but I see nothing about them that stands up to the top bands today.

They might have been great in the 60s, but in the all-time scheme of things I see the Beatles as being just average.

Holy shit HOLD THE PHONES son!

:ohmy:

The Beatles wrote a lot of crap songs in their day. U2 has done the same.

As for Radiohead being the "New Beatles", I think they have "borrowed" a lot more ideas from Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, much more then The Beatles.

Music is very subjective and it could be argued for hours without a real resolution which band is better, the truth is this, in the end U2 and The Beatles are VERY FAR from the best technical musicians outthere, however, they are 2 bands that were able to create magic and play to their abilities better then any other bands in history.

You're right in that they aren't The Beatles, but that doesn't mean that sometimes they aren't influenced by them, it may not be their complete sound but once in awhile, and U2 are in the pantheon of greatest artists ever on their own merits.

Popmartijn said:
Yeah, that Abbey Road picture...
At least the band members were dressed.
Rhcp4.jpg

:D

Oh God...I saw that while I was eating. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom