U2 are Moody Blues fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How far into the band are you now? (In reference to their early days as a band)

Bono: It's just occasional rehearsing. We're playing the Eagles. We're playing the Moody Blues. But it turns out we're really crap at it. We actually aren't able to play other people's songs.

Flying FuManchu said:

Bono: It's just occasional rehearsing. We're playing the Eagles. We're playing the Moody Blues. But it turns out we're really crap at it. We actually aren't able to play other people's songs.

Where's that from?

Well, U2 apparently played Nights In White Satin a few times when they were still playing at Mount Temple...

I got hooked on the Moody Blues when my parents showed me their Red Rocks performance. Haven't listened to them in a while, though.

The Answer, baby, The Answer. :wink:

I do not think they would admit to not liking a band , but I do agree thay have a wide arrage of music they listen too. I think that is really cool beacuse I am the same way:wink:

Utoo said:
Well, U2 apparently played Nights In White Satin a few times when they were still playing at Mount Temple...

Nights in White Satin was an influence on Love is Blindness.

Flying FuManchu said:

Wow - what interview is this from? The Moodies and U2 are my two favorite bands and they're so vastly different (except for maybe UF), I've never even imagined one liking the other's music.

Flying FuManchu said:

Actually Ive been into U2 since 1986, but I guess since they have mentioned so many bands and some they sometion more than others I dont recall hearing about the Moody Blues...I have read "so many" articles Im sure they were mentioned somewhere I just dont recall.:|

Bono's shades said:
Nights in White Satin is one of the best songs by anyone, ever.

Wouldn't it be great if U2 did a cover of it? :drool:

Yeah also "Brown Girl In The Ring" by Boney M would be a cracking cover as well!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom