U2 appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
had my first kiss to a u2 song.
had my first (something else) to a u2 song.
u2 will be played at my wedding.
u2 will be played at my funeral.

i love other bands as much as I like u2, but u2 are more than just a band to me. ok...feb 11th, write it down. cheesiest post ever on interference

Yes Thank you Sting2. That was great to read that article! The talent (and graciousness) was shining through even then. Wonderful! :)

Where can u start with these 4 amazing people. Back in 81 on a cold rainy nite when I was 14 trying to get into a local club to see them and only heard the concert the first time this year via audio. I love the way they thank the fans, know that they are just not making music for the money but out of sincerity. We have literally grown up together from kissing my Bono poster on my door everynight when I was younger to not missing a tour. They are my very deep in my soul, I love them for who they truly are U2.

PS. and yes I have been told I am obsessed and I consider myself a fanatic, I am proud of it.:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

What can I had that hasn't already been said here. I've said this before but I'll say it again, U2 and their music has helped through some of the most darkest moments of my life. They "made the darkness a litte brighter" and I am forever grateful to Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry. Plus the fact that they're all so HOT (especially our Bman!) is an added bonus!! ;) :heart: :edge: :bono: :adam: :larry: :heart: :evil:

RademR said:

i love other bands as much as I like u2, but u2 are more than just a band to me. ok...feb 11th, write it down. cheesiest post ever on interference

Not cheesy at all.

Simple proof of what Bono means when he says in interviews that the audience are clapping for themselves, for their own lives.

But Bono and the other three should know that a lot of that clapping is for them, too. They are the best. Period.

:edge: :bono: :heart: :larry: :adam:

PS - Major gratitude to the women and families who have sacrificed and gone without them at home so that they could share their great gift with us.

RademR said:

No, it's not cheesy at all. It's beautiful. :up:

Personally I cannot imagine getting thru the weekdays without U2 music.

U2 is a step above any other music, for me. It may sound stupid, but U2 is a big part of who I am. I first got into U2 in 1997 with Pop and to this day it is still my favourite album. I was nine at the time so I can chronicle half my life with U2 music, and getting into U2 at an early age really shaped my whole music world. Some of my best memories are U2 concerts (I've been to three). I'd say U2 more than any other band has inspired me to play guitar and really want to be in a band and make a difference.

I literally listen to U2 everyday. There may be some days I don't listen to U2 at all, but they're far and few between. Everyone at school knows me as a U2 fan, and I'm cool with that, even if people make fun of me for it. I don't care, I love being a U2 fan. I love it when I walk into a bookstore and see U2 on the cover of four different magazines. I love seeing my boys -yes, that's what I call them - everywhere. I love seeing them get the recognition they deserve on the Grammy's, no matter what anyone says.

Oh, and I love seeing Bono because he's fuckin' hot. I don't care how old he is, he's the sexiest mofo on the planet, and I love what he's doing for the world. He's such a good person. Everyone in U2 are good, interesting, funny, and somewhat odd people. I can't think of a better band. I certainly can't think of any band that has covered the range of emotions and styles that they have, nor a band that has lasted so long with the same five people (don't forget about Paul!) and still remained relevant.

I love every U2 album. I'm sorry, but I do. I love some more than others and some are definitely flawed, but really, U2 has never disappointed me. And I don't think they ever will.

AtomicBono said:
I love every U2 album. I'm sorry, but I do. I love some more than others and some are definitely flawed, but really, U2 has never disappointed me. And I don't think they ever will.

:applaud:

And I LOVE your signature! No, it wasn't a failure by any means.

I have my favorites, but I do love every u2 album. The only one I like but don't really ever go back to is "October."

It's funny, I never really get a u2 backlash from people. Mostly everyone is like "oh u2? their awesome." I think the D.C. area is a big u2 area though, to be honest.

However, I do have many friends that make fun of me for putting U2 so high on the "legends of rock" chart. Nothing to them can touch or ever knock off the Stones, Zeppelin, or Floyd (all bands I love). But even those guys all like some of u2's music or even love the band, they just don't put them as high as I do with the other greats.

Once in awhile when I do get negative remarks against u2, it's people whose opinions I could care less about. Most of the time people who don't even listen to rock at all, so who cares?

PopDaisy said:

:applaud:

And I LOVE your signature! No, it wasn't a failure by any means.

thanks, typhoon made it :wink:

Originally posted by RademR

Once in awhile when I do get negative remarks against u2, it's people whose opinions I could care less about. Most of the time people who don't even listen to rock at all, so who cares?

true, most of the people at my school listen to rap, so I wouldn't expect them to like U2 anyway :shrug: a lot of people do respect Bono's humanitarian work though, which is nice.

The thing with most "legend" bands is that they're already broken up or they're on their third farewell tour or reunion tour or whatever, and I don't think any of them are on top 40 radio. It's hard to call U2 a legend when they're just as popular as they were nearly 20 years ago. Next year the Joshua Tree will be twenty years old and my beloved Pop will be ten...isn't that mad? The fact that U2 is still making extremely successful records is maddening. They're breaking all the rules. If U2 can keep this up for another ten years, they very well may be eventually considered one of the most successful rock bands of all time.

AtomicBono said:

true, most of the people at my school listen to rap, so I wouldn't expect them to like U2 anyway :shrug: a lot of people do respect Bono's humanitarian work though, which is nice.

The thing with most "legend" bands is that they're already broken up or they're on their third farewell tour or reunion tour or whatever, and I don't think any of them are on top 40 radio. It's hard to call U2 a legend when they're just as popular as they were nearly 20 years ago. Next year the Joshua Tree will be twenty years old and my beloved Pop will be ten...isn't that mad? The fact that U2 is still making extremely successful records is maddening. They're breaking all the rules. If U2 can keep this up for another ten years, they very well may be eventually considered one of the most successful rock bands of all time.

This is exactly how I feel. Sometimes at school I feel like an outsider because now rap, hip-hop and R&B rule the music world wheather we like it or not. But then something wonderfull like this year's grammys happens and nobody could take the smile out of my face on the next day.
But at least in my group of friends (two of them love U2 and the others don't care much) we respect a lot each other's tastes.
They gave me a strong proof of friendship when they sang OOC for me in my 18th year old party... It was really touching....

annie_vox said:

But at least in my group of friends (two of them love U2 and the others don't care much) we respect a lot each other's tastes.
They gave me a strong proof of friendship when they sang OOC for me in my 18th year old party... It was really touching....

Wow, that is really awesome. You have really great friends!

AtomicBono, your sig is so great! :lol: I couldn't agree more. ;) so :applaud: to typhoon!

And.... I LOVE U2.

it's as simple as that. :p They've given me things that.. I can't even put it into words.. like bono says, "really great songs touch you in places you can't explain." it's just like that, they're more than just a band to me, I really believe that I'm a better person because of them.

A U2 appreciation thread? How refreshing! :wink:

Smart ass comments aside for now....

I love this band. As much as you can love four guys you've never met and don't know personally, I love U2. I've been a fan of their music and a fan of them as people for nearly half my life, and I don't see that stopping any time soon. As someone else said, U2 will be played at my wedding and at my funeral.

And like someone else also said, the music from these four talented men has been the soundtrack of my life. From the age of 15 to now (almost 29), U2's music has influenced so many different aspects of my life, and the guys have also been an inspiration. Their charity work, kindness and love for their fans, and their humility (despite Bono's desperate attempts to prove otherwise) make me proud to call myself a fan. These four guys are interesting individuals who somehow have managed to remain friends for nearly 30 years, despite a lot of hard times. I admire that.

*drifting into PLEBA territory now* Plus, it doesn't hurt that they're really, really freakin' hot--especially Bono. :wink:

Oh, and I love seeing Bono because he's fuckin' hot. I don't care how old he is, he's the sexiest mofo on the planet, and I love what he's doing for the world.

Amen! :)

/PLEBAness

Yeah, I love U2. :heart: Their music has brought a lot of joy into my life.

Last edited:
ThoraSEB said:
Did anyone else notice that they called Bono Paul HENSEN in the photo caption?! :giggle:

I saw that, I think they got it right in the article though. Adam actually entered them in the contest as THE HYPE weeks earlier, but when they got down there on Saturday, he changed their name to U2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom