U2 announcement before 11 30am GMT on BBC Radio One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bammo2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!
Jo Whiley has been saying that there's going to be a big U2 announcement before 11 30am (within the next 25 minutes)

I have no idea what it's going to be about, or whether it's going to be something we already know, but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

I know it's not about the TOTP performance, cos they've already talked about it.

:shrug:

Cool! Can't wait :D
But then again, I know like always I'm gonna be sorely dissapointed. I bet they'll announce U2 have finished working on a new album called How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. :eyebrow:

OK, the announcement was not to do with TOTP

basically, within the next 4 weeks, Jo Whiley will be taking here show over to Dublin and broadcasting from Hanover quay. There'll be interviews and stuff, and hopefully we'll hear some new music

so that's pretty cool. They did in 1997 for Pop as well. Jo Whiley's interviews are always good for a laugh :up:

It'll be about U2 playing in the streets of London for TOTP, this always happens, they think they've got the scope about we're always 5 steps ahead! It's as bad as U2.com, although they've been a bit quicker of recent times.

Let us know what it's about. I can't get radio 1 in here due to firewall restrictions!

Ok, I was totally wrong!

That's pretty cool, surely we'll get to hear some songs then. Something similar to ATYCLB promo campain. Maybe the week before the record is out?

yeah I was hoping for a big 'U2 competition to have them play in your front room' or something

she just implied that there is more news to come to do with it. She said 'that's all that I can tell you FOR NOW'

I'm sure they'll tie in some form of competition with it

*please please let me come too*

To be honest I was hoping that by some absolute miracle they'll decide to broadcast the whole album over the air and U2 will be making a guest appearance at my house next month! Wishful thinking :D

Jo whiley just said she's had a crapload of texts with people asking if they can come too. And her answer?

'I'll look into it'

she sounded very cagey

:drool:

she then re-iterated that there was more to come to do with that announcement. and also that this isn't the only U2 related thing that Radio 1 will be doing in the near future

:drool:

Last edited:
Let's hope the sound desk doesn't blow up this time :)

Jack Daniels seems to have had a pivotal role in the 97 interview and it sounds like Jack will be back at HQ this time around too!

That Maida Vale studios performance on Radio 1 for the launch of ATYCLB was superb - especially hearing the guitar on New York live. This live from Hanover Quay thing might be the first chance we get to hear some of HTDAAB live. Here's hoping:wink:

I wonder what else they will be doing promotion-wise. So far its all been UK-centric. These days it doesn't matter so much as we can see/hear it over the internet but for sure they'll do something like KROQ in the US. DO you think there will be promotional gigs around launch time like the Irving Plaza/Man Ray/London concerts of 2000/1?

paulrg said:
That Maida Vale studios performance on Radio 1 for the launch of ATYCLB was superb - especially hearing the guitar on New York live. This live from Hanover Quay thing might be the first chance we get to hear some of HTDAAB live. Here's hoping:wink:
Agreed - the sound quality was outstanding and the songs sounded awesome! (except for that dickhead who said "does anyone want to go to the toiler" after Elevation. - say what?)

The snippet of She's A Mystery To Me was a great bonus.

Anything like this again for HTDAAB songs will be most welcome.

My best friend just called me on her cell from the carpark. They played a semi-slow new song and Bono just said "Stick around" so they'll be back shortly! Woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom