U2 and Younger People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's important to mention that a lot of young people get into different artists by listening and often stealing thier parent's albums. If parents don't listen to music that has some kind of thought then it is rare for a young person to listen for the deeper things in music.

Screwtape2 said:
I think it's important to mention that a lot of young people get into different artists by listening and often stealing thier parent's albums. If parents don't listen to music that has some kind of thought then it is rare for a young person to listen for the deeper things in music.

That's true:yes:

As a kid, the music you tend to listen to is generally pop/hiphop/r'n'b. Its only as you get older that you explore other types and would maybe discover U2. Some people just move on quicker than others..

music.u2 said:
As a kid, the music you tend to listen to is generally pop/hiphop/r'n'b. Its only as you get older that you explore other types and would maybe discover U2. Some people just move on quicker than others..

I agree wholeheatedly

Do not give a damn about what others listen to or say about music. Music is music & not about the artist or what they do or look like. Musicians listen to all types of music & learn.

U2 has always been an intelectual band or a thinking mans band. At the highschool level this really never does well. Its hard for Highschool kids for the most part to relate to them.

Screwtape2 said:

My parents are Asian and therefore only listen to music I can't even understand. I remember junior high is where I started taking notice of music and listening to the bands everyone listened to, like Linkin Park, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, that sort of stuff. I was a bit interested, but not really "in to" music until I looked up U2. I don't think it was for anything special like lyrics or anything, I was just blown away by Beautiful Day and City of Blinding Lights. After a bit though, you learn to appreciate the message.

socceroo said:
Do not give a damn about what others listen to or say about music. Music is music & not about the artist or what they do or look like. Musicians listen to all types of music & learn.

I like this. Even though I'm constantly violating it, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom