U2 and the Onion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LMAO!! :laugh: :lmao:

"Adam Clayton, you play the bass so well...won't you please help me find something to eat?"...

"I am so hungry, I do not even know if it is Christmastime."...

I've always thought The Onion had a terrific sense of humor...hillarious.

Yep, those are my 2 favorite quotes from the article. I think tomorrow I may just skip dinner and listen to Sussudio on repeat instead...surely Phil Collins can replace the need to eat in my life.

:lmao:

walkon11 said:
ONLY if it has the 15 minute drum solo at the end.
i know!! i just listened to the stupid album version. puh-leeze. it wasn't even an appetizer's worth of food. :rolleyes: lucky for me i bought his ultra-super special deluxe platinum greatest hits box set a few years back. each cd contains one, yes only ONE, hit. i lost count...i think there's about 30 cds. :scratch:

I also thought The Onion's dig at Bono's Time Magazine cover was good...even though I really liked that TIME magazine. I can't find it in the archives, but here it is:

"Called Rock's Conscience, U2 frontman and political crusader Bono has met with everyone from Kofi Annan to Colin Powell. What has he been doing recently?

Tirelessly dedicating self to ending Third World debt, no matter how many magazine covers he must appear on in the process.

Restoring humanity's faith in the power and the promise and the possibility of rock and roll.

Feeding starving Somalis by dividing single loaf into many.

Defeating Bruce Springsteen in epic, five-hour earnest-off.

Vowing to lobby Congress for African aid on progressively larger Jumbotrons until demands are met.

Shouldering the burdens of a post September 11th world/Buying another pair of blue-tinted, wrap around shades.

Revealing that The Edge will betray him three times before the cock crows.

Thinking about writing song about deliverance and redemption; also maybe one about transcendance."

I was looking for that too AvsGirl...I wish they had that in their archives. That was hillarious as well...they've done a few pieces on Bono/U2...I'm surprised I can't find any of 'em now.

AvsGirl41 said:

Tirelessly dedicating self to ending Third World debt, no matter how many magazine covers he must appear on in the process.

Feeding starving Somalis by dividing single loaf into many.

Shouldering the burdens of a post September 11th world/Buying another pair of blue-tinted, wrap around shades.

Hmmm...was funny except this few lines and the original story - IMO hunger is a bit touchy topic to be making jokes of plus it could be seen as a slap to Bono's charity work.

Though i agree the "uber"importance of U2 part is funny.

The original Onion article was funny as hell...:laugh: :laugh: :lmao:

But I agree with U2girl. A lot of people make fun of Bono's politically conscious nature. Atleast the guy's trying to do something for the unfortunate people of the world. Of course I dont know how much of it is genuine and how much is a show. I'd like to believe its genuine. :)

Well, as much as I wish more people would admire what Bono does rather than slam him, I look at these jokes at still bringing press (free press at that) to the issue...Onion readers will see it, laugh, and maybe intrigued to find out more...

At least, that's my take on it. :shrug:

Elisabeth

Back
Top Bottom