u2 and the olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i don't think a thread about U2 music during the olympics coverage on tv has been posted yet at least i haven't been able to find one.

tonite after one of the commercial breaks on nbc i heard a few snippets of 'pride'. the other day when i turned on the tv i think i might have heard the last note of 'vertigo' but i didn't hear enough of it to be sure.

i was just curious how many time's you've heard U2 during the 2006 olympic coverage?

i'm not sure, maybe if it's only a few seconds they don't need to get permission :shrug:

You need permission to copy up to 7 notes of music. Anything less than two measures I think is alright but over that, you need permission.

It's more than likely permission from the record company itself than from U2. U2/Paul McGuiness probably have no clue. And if anyone is making a dollar, it's the record company for the reproduction of the song.

It was posted in another thread that Sasha Cohen will apparently be using the hidden track from Zooropa during her long program.

This is just unconfirmed Interference hearsay, of course, but my heart still races at the very thought. What says "OLYMPICS!" more efficiently or provocatively than the track affectionately dubbed, "The Siren"? I mean, seriously...

I can't think of a better, more dignified way to show the world who's in charge--Sasha Cohen via U2 (circa 1993).

In other news, I too have heard "Pride." Nothing else, although I'm sure everybody else here is right, as well.

If you shout... said:
It was posted in another thread that Sasha Cohen will apparently be using the hidden track from Zooropa during her long program.

This is just unconfirmed Interference hearsay, of course, but my heart still races at the very thought. What says "OLYMPICS!" more efficiently or provocatively than the track affectionately dubbed, "The Siren"? I mean, seriously...

I can't think of a better, more dignified way to show the world who's in charge--Sasha Cohen via U2 (circa 1993).

In other news, I too have heard "Pride." Nothing else, although I'm sure everybody else here is right, as well.

That is awesome news! I will be front and center in my living room watching and listening!

The rules probably vary from country to country, but you only need permission if you're going to use music for advertising a specific product on a tv commercial.

To use their music over an olympic montage for example, or a 'trailer' for olympic coverage, no permission is necessary, though the tv station would have to pay royalties.

(the seven notes rule as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread also applies to royalities - not permission)

If you shout... said:

:lmao: shit!

did you guys even read this???

a gold medal to you, if you shout. :up:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:lmao: no I overlooked that post! That is a brilliant post.
i know!

i love how people who clearly don't read what they're responding to just went along with it.

so what have we learned today folks? postwhoring can make YOU look stupid too.

:lol:

lmjhitman said:

i know!

i love how people who clearly don't read what they're responding to just went along with it.

so what have we learned today folks? postwhoring can make YOU look stupid too.

:lol:

i learned this a long time ago

nobody reads the contents of a thread

they read the title and then respond without reading what others have said

one time i started a thread asking a question in the title, but the content of the thread was dealing with something completely different. yet everybody kept answering the question in the title! i even made 4 or 5 comments about how i wasnt really asking the question, and they should actually read the post. yet people kept just answering the question in the title of the thread.

its ridic

Last edited:
lmjhitman said:

:lmao: shit!

did you guys even read this???

a gold medal to you, if you shout. :up:

My metal is gold, my grill iz platinum, my ire is directed towards many people on this thread. I guess it's opal, too, in case you're wondering. Opal ire. Fuck yes.

Chizip said:

i learned this a long time ago

nobody reads the contents of a thread

they read the title and then respond without reading what others have said

one time i started a thread asking a question in the title, but the content of the thread was dealing with something completely different. yet everybody kept answering the question in the title! i even made 4 or 5 comments about how i wasnt really asking the question, and they should actually read the post. yet people kept just answering the question in the title of the thread.

its ridic

^ I love penguins, too! :yes:

:wink:

i just heard where the streets have no name.
well a few seconds of it :wink:

Not to be sarcastic, but is it 7 notes or two measures, cause not all songs are in 4/4 time :nerd:

:wink:
and I would love to see figure skating to The siren....that would blow my mind :)

Back
Top Bottom