U2 and the Hockey lockout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'"All Because of You." Great title. Got me to thinking, why are YOU a hockey fan? I became a fan for life all because of my Dad who would listen to his favorite team on AM radio and write down all the game stats in a notebook. As always, I was by his side for every goal."'

:lol: hahaha, I think we must have the same Dad!

I miss Mario...I miss my Habs...... :(

but hey, if empty arenas means more U2 dates, then I'm all for the strike!!! :yes:

Last edited:
Oh, and the article is great! I never thought of tying HTDAAB into the NHL situation.

im no hockey fan by any means, but i recall bucigross writing an article about the playoffs,i forget which year, a few years back using the joshua tree in the same vein as he did here.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Nice jersey picture!! :up:

IMO, the nicest jersey of *any* sport

Gotta love Guy Lafleur. :) And the bleu, blanc et rouge!

EDMONTON OILERS 2005 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS :applaud:

great review, I like his set list except sometimes is too far down.

grbounds said:
love hockey, love U2. love the combination. :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm starting to freak out not seeing the Canucks every other night....

and "Movie Night in Canada" is depressing :p

zoo99 said:
EDMONTON OILERS 2005 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS :applaud:

great review, I like his set list except sometimes is too far down.

This is the year of the Oilers! I'm a huge oil fan too. Glad to see I'm not alone.

hahaha well i find it hilarious that i agree with buccigross that the track order is just all wrong. i don't think i'd go with his order, but i definitely think 'city of blinding lights' should've kicked off the album. i'm still working on what my order would be, but as it stands HTDAAB just feels off. Which sucks because all of the songs are great.

This column also amused me because Buccigross almost always manages to work music into his hockey columns.

Why do I like hockey?
because it's like football, but faster. I saw the Chicago Wolves (minor league) last year and it was some of the most ridiculous fun I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom