U2 and the glockenspiel fever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radioskugga

The Fly
I hoped it was going to end after Electrical storm, but somehow the glockenspiel has made its way onto HTDAAB too :uhoh:

Crumbs... the glockenspiel is there with full power in the intro but then decend to the background and just making its annoying presence known throughout the song.

In the break in Love and peace the glockenspiel (or some of its ugly clock/bell-cousin) sees its chance to turn the tune into a christmas anthem.

It thought it could hide in Sometimes... but i found it there too, hiding behind a piano.

I suspect Lillywhite as responsible for the glockenspiels apperance on HTDAAB, he just seems like a glockenspiel kind of guy. Just look at the Joshua Tree album special... He was probably responsible for those "U2 goes pet shop boys" sounds too!

400140.jpg

+

steve-lillywhite.gif

= :flirt:

Question: Larry playing glockenspiel on upcoming tour? Yey! or Never!

I never liked the sound of it till crumbs, now i like in in most of the other songs it's in...except I will Follow, the album version wants to rock so hard but the damn glockenspiel won't let it!!!!!!!!

thats why it RULES live!!!!!!!!:wink:

starsgoblue said:
We gotta have more glockenspiel!! U2 would be doing Lillywhite and themselves a diservice if they didn't play the hell outta that thing!

Ahhhh, I can show Lillywhite where he can stick his glockenspiel! :D

Lilywhite is the greatest Glockenspeilist ever, we need Glockenspeil solo's next album to show how experimimental the lads can be............................:wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I think it makes the album sound more like Boy than anything. Long live the glockenspiel!!

Vive le revolution..............

Glockenspiel could have saved "Miami" from U2's POP album, making it a smash hit even with the "My Mammy" lyrics. That's what Larry is always talking about when he says "we never finished the album".

If this isn't the thread title of the year, I don't know what is.

radioskugga said:
I hoped it was going to end after Electrical storm, but somehow the glockenspiel has made its way onto HTDAAB too :uhoh:

Crumbs... the glockenspiel is there with full power in the intro but then decend to the background and just making its annoying presence known throughout the song.

In the break in Love and peace the glockenspiel (or some of its ugly clock/bell-cousin) sees its chance to turn the tune into a christmas anthem.

It thought it could hide in Sometimes... but i found it there too, hiding behind a piano.

I suspect Lillywhite as responsible for the glockenspiels apperance on HTDAAB, he just seems like a glockenspiel kind of guy. Just look at the Joshua Tree album special... He was probably responsible for those "U2 goes pet shop boys" sounds too!

400140.jpg

+

steve-lillywhite.gif

= :flirt:

Question: Larry playing glockenspiel on upcoming tour? Yey! or Never!

This is the funniest thread I have ever seen. I wish I could frame it and hang it on my wall.

Back
Top Bottom