u2 and pearl jam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
i've heard a rumor that U2 and Pearl Jam played together once...what did they play??? I bet this sounds incredible!

I don't know about that...I think Bono got on stage during the last tour and he sang a song with Pearl Jam.

Bono came on stage with Pearl Jam to sing Rockin in the free world.
Eddie Vedder came on u2's stage in 3rd leg i believe of Vertigo tour

pearl jam opened for u2 during some of the zooropate dates in italy. you can read about it in "u2: until the end of the world," which is only the greatest book ever written :drool: (ok not really but it's one hell of a good read)

and on the vertigo tour there were a lot of pearl jam sightings... eddie was at the seattle shows, and even jumped on stage with kings of leon for a song on the first leg... and then on the 3rd leg (hehe 3rd leg) eddie hopped on stage to sing "old man river" at the end of one. right after u2's 4 night stand ended, pearl jam played the ACC a day or two later, and bono, the edge and larry all attended, sitting on the side of the stage... eddie thanks "u2 for opening for us" and "working the shit out of this place," sang the first verse and chorus of "a sort of homecoming" as a lead in to "elderly woman...," he played the opening chords of bad, "the greatest song about addiction" he's ever heard, before playing "habit," he tossed in snippets of "yahweh" and "bad" at the end of "daughter," thanked the "distinguished gentleman of u2" for their inspiration and the "thousands of dollars of vodka" they bought the band throughout the years later in the show, and then finally on the 2nd to last song, a cover of neil young's "rocking in the free world," bono jumped on stage and sang the 2nd and 3rd choruses with eddie, throwing in his own little imrpov as well.

it was swell :drool:

bonopj2.jpg

you can actually download the official concert bootleg of the show off of pearl jam's webpage, including all the u2 snippets, thanks, and bono's performance. look for the spetember 19, 2005 performance at the air canada center in toronto. it's like 10 bucks i think.

Back
Top Bottom